Does anyone want a class on carving resin on a lathe?

I am looking to do a class on doing resin on a lathe? Is anyone interested? TJ

2 Likes

I am looking to do a class on carving expoxy resin on the wood shop lathe, so as to gather and share information. Would anyone wish to take class on carving resin on a lathe?

1 Like

I combined the 2 topics into a single post. I can see you were thinking that putting 1 in woodshop category and 1 in resin category might garner more views, and I see your logic, but in practice, just 1 tends to get better responses as most folks read all the new posts in the “Latest” feed. :+1:

3 Likes

I’d take this class. I need to get lathe 101 done though. I audited it but haven’t officially taken it.

1 Like

sorry is there way to put one message as having the two attributes? the categories tend to act as attributes to the conversation.

@jast See message above ^ that was mistakenly a reply to me.

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of.
As stated, generally our readers get prickly when a single topic is “spammed” to multiple categories, despite the attributes this brings to the conversation, because we tend to read from the “latest” feed.

1 Like

I’d take it.

1 Like

Count me in.

1 Like

What do you mean by “carving”?

2 Likes

I want to take it!

1 Like

I’d love to learn how to make a dragon egg

1 Like

OOOHHHH, I would love to make a dragon egg too.

1 Like

Chances are I’ll do one late January and another in February. It’s a 2 parter and runs about $30-35 in materials depending on how good a deal I can get on the burl cap.

I think if you hold down the alt key you can select more options. I asked this question when trying to tag a posting with both the committee meeting choice and the actual committee/SIG.

1 Like

Ideally, this would have been posted in the Interest Check category as gauging interest for prospective classes is the express purpose for that category.

1 Like

I was starting to make blanks myself for the class i was hoping to teach… so 30 to 35 bucks what resin are you using?.. i can get a blank from about on thing of alluminite and that is about 23.99

https://www.michaels.com/alumilite-amazing-clear-cast/10324152.html?cm_mmc=PLASearch--google--MICH_Shopping_US_N_ArtSupplies_Sculpture%26Modeling_N_N_N-_-&Kenshoo_ida=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvOq-reqy5gIVA__jBx38dAXXEAQYBSABEgLTtfD_BwE

I will look into putting my post in Interest Check category. thank you.

Thank you jrkriehn. i will see if i can use clrt or shift to select multiple categories.

I’m using alumilite for woodworking (Slow), and by the time you factor in shipping and tax, its about $1 per oz of resin. The blanks are a hybrid of maple burl and resin, so the cost of resin per blank is about $18 and then the cut of maple burl cap runs $1-2 per square inch depending on price at that time (and the project uses about 9 sq inches per egg).

4 Likes