Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - September 2018

I thought that you were making cloth from cat fur for a minute there :joy:

3 Likes

Weeeeeelllll…I can’t say that cat fur doesn’t wind up in my spinning :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There’s a book for that!

3 Likes

Got an extra day off of work and spent it at the Makerspace. The bowl is marblewood and the platter is mesquite. Sanded them both to 800 grit and finished with friction polish.

28 Likes

Wow. Very nice bowl and platter That shine came from only friction? What tool did you use? I have seen similar done with a lathe before, but I am guessing for the platter you had to use some other tool.

Results from last nights leather notebook class, some students got creative with the dye :slight_smile:

@Scott_Blevins your picture didn’t save for some reason. Maybe share yours once you finish the custom clasp?

16 Likes

Will do. Letting it dry currently. Humidity isn’t helping.

2 Likes

Just parking some pics here.

8 Likes

Made a proper mounting block for horseback riding. This’ll replace the rotting-away hay bale we’ve been using.

18 Likes

Cedar? :blankspace:

Looks like it, but in CO they sell red pressure treated lumber - much cheaper than redwood or cedar. Looks better than the green stuff, too, but it’s still rated for ground contact.

4 Likes

Making a plug for @BarkingChicken’s Silhouette Cameo class.
Took it yesterday, then returned today to practice before I forgot it.
Shay did such a thorough job that I could make this design from scraps of heat transfer vinyl.
Bag is off-the-shelf from Joann’s.
It’s for my nephew who crossed over into Boy Scouts.
Just waiting on my neice’s den name. She will be a first generation female Webelo.

20 Likes

You finished your cutting board! Sheesh, mine is in a chest of drawers, awaiting final sanding and polishing.

2 Likes

We had a really fun wand class yesterday, here’s the results.

14 Likes

Pea pod pendants from tonights jewelry class. Very happy how they turned out!

23 Likes

Peapod pendants from class.

19 Likes

I love your bowl also

2 Likes

Not very exciting but birthday invite for my wife (shhhh don’t tell her)!

Laser cut card stock then cut some construction paper and glued them.

IMG_20180911_185247|666x500

9 Likes

aaaand now everyone is invited to the party…

nice work on the cards!

5 Likes

Stylin’ and Profilin’ in their new doggie bandanas.

11 Likes