Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - August 2018

That. Is. Awesome!

2 Likes

Not “at DMS” but “inspired by DMS.” I plan on making some canvas items (dopp kits, maybe a messenger bag) so I needed to play with some canvas on my machine. What better way to practice sewing than by making dog toys! 6oz Duck canvas and poly fill from Joann’s, squeakers from Amazon :smiley:

Doggo tested, doggo approved! This is Tanner, one of my kids’ roommates, before I drove said kid to move to California.

16 Likes

Love the blurred tail wag!

3 Likes

Here’s a closer look at the belt from @Lordrook class. Went with a mottled black and cherry look.

16 Likes

Finished the repair and rebuild of a go-kart for my kids.

I was given a torn-up/bent frame, a bent axle and some broken body panels by a friend a while ago. After a bunch of work, the maiden voyage was made last Friday.

The top speed on a straightaway was 18 MPH which makes my decision to include a seat belt and a DOT approved safety helmet seem like a good one. My two boys are having a blast and they want me to build a second one now.

26 Likes

I finally had time to play with colored slip and a unicorn pendant mold. I still need to work on the colored slip because it came out duller than I wanted but I am happy with the black glitter unicorn. I used black slip with 2-3 very thin coats of cosmic tea dust. The pictures do not really capture the sparkle. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Made this shirt for my brother’s birthday. He has a boykin spaniel named Chewbacca so I mixed the pic of a boykin with the “Chewie is my copilot”. He was surprised when the picture wasn’t Star Wars Chewie!
Used DyeSub for the process.

16 Likes

Made another resin-maple burl sphere today with triaxial turned stand.

17 Likes

I noticed a lot more me in the belt class picture than there should have been. :facepunch::face_with_monocle: Engage me in fisticuffs, sir! As for the sphere, I’m pretty sure you know what’s coming…

Made a candle holder Thursday night and put the finish on today. Now to see if I can replicate it with the other half of the blank.

14 Likes

Hope that’s your entry for the wood turning sig monthly meetup, looks great!

1 Like

Man, that came out great!

I built my first computer completely out of wood and stained glass. It is inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright.

Here is a link to my build log

26 Likes

I read your build log, too. I work in stained glass and wood and this is one of the best and most innovative uses of the two. I’m very impressed with your work. Beautiful design and amazing build. Thanks for sharing it.

3 Likes

So would I if offered again.

This is fantastic!