Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - September 2017

That’s why I love dye sub so much.

Fallout 4: Vault-tech inspired porcelain yarn bowl I created along side our students during the ceramic yarn bowl class @cmcooper0 and I just recently taught.

24 Likes

I made PCB boards at the space.

19 Likes

cool

Looks really good - though I hope he doesn’t steal another one before the seasons over - making it 61…

1 Like

That is awesome! I have been working on a set of acrylic dice, but have dreamed of making a metal set to play with.
What material/thickness did you make that out of?

Ran a test of the radio receiver I have been working on last night with the transmitter I built last year this time for the build a radio transmitter class. There was some noise in the backgroup from other work going on in the lab, but everything seems to be working…

17 Likes

No chance to steal anymore bases. Their season ended Monday. This was made after the final number was determined.

1 Like

cool! are teaching a class on this?

what is this? I don’t follow, it is a mold or a press for a wallet?

yes, same thing I’ve been showing for the last 6 months.

I’d love to see how you did this. My son is asking to make a 20 sided dice out of aluminum or steel. We did one in acrylic, but it was a mess to try and piece together.

You can see gen1 here

I’m doing acrylic too. It’s more of a pain than youd think if you want good edges. It’s just plasma cut flat and manhandled into shape

this is an EAG (eagle/globe/anchor) I cut for tour night on the HAAS. It was a great crowd with lots of questions. thanks to Fired arts we tried it out a couple of times in clay. worked well once the clay was firm enough. Gave high confidence it worked out. cheers!

12 Likes

An embossing plate is used (usually with a beefy press) to press an impression into a leather blank. I believe this is a blank for the outside of a leather wallet, and it has a blank ribbon area for personalizing with letter stamps or other tooling.

3 Likes

I used Esri to grab a base layer + sat images and create contours of different levels, example below.
Lasered the results.

I’m glad a lot of people have enjoyed this piece! :blush:

16 Likes

Here is the well-known Instructables on how this can be done.

3 Likes

can you show how to make it please???