Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - November 2016

Post a picture and description of anything you are working on this month at the 'Space here!

It can be anything from a small craft project to a large CNC router project to building a table to 3D printing to a science experiment and so much more. There are lots of people doing cool things at DMS all the time, but most of us don’t get to see it, post it here and share the interesting things you are doing this month.

Posting here helps not only promote Dallas Makerspace, but could inspire others to make something. It will also help PR post a monthly look at what can be done here blog post (with attribution to each maker of course)

1 Like

Here is the art installation I’ve been working on with Stevo and Darcy. We are waiting on power to get it running. It lights up and you make the chairs shake by gesturing over the control module.

I’ll add a video of it moving when we get power.

9 Likes

Here they are running!!!

6 Likes

It is very hard to hear door knocking at my apparent and sometimes people can’t tell that’s a button. 3d printed the painted… then hold leaf

6 Likes

10 Likes

Put this sucker on today on the CNC Plasma cutter. Followed by a test cut.

8 Likes

Damn teasers… :smile:

1 Like

I was in a hurry & forgot to get more pics. I was supposed to just go home as my significant other misses me.

1 Like

Shame, shame.
We’ll forgive it THIS time…
:slight_smile:
I AM excited to see how the new torch works, though. I need my own project, is what I need…

Thank you for doing this!

1 Like

awesome! stoked for the class Monday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finished making a shelf out of a old mold.

10 Likes

LOVEEEEEEE This!
So much!
20 characters ahhhh

2 Likes

So I needed a convertible die holder for rethreading in a tight spot. I cut the arms of my normal 3" die holder. I quickly designed it in inventor, exported to DXF for the plasma cutter. Cut out what I needed then welded it up read quick. It will accept a normal 1/2" socket wrench.

Also almost forgot that since it was for something for my work, I had my company donate some of my time to replace the switch on the Dual belt sander.

13 Likes

AWESOME!
Nice work on the tool, too.
“Loik buduh…”

2 Likes

Nice fix and good looking welds!

1 Like

Finally finish the table I have been working on since April. base is made from an old tractor tire rim.

23 Likes

how much for the dog?

1 Like

Chasing Koma top. First attempt at making one of these.

3 Likes

So cool! Never even heard of that before!

4 Likes