Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - March 2016

My Polynesia work-in-progress pinball at TPF…

And the current look of the playfield, still a work in progress…

6 Likes

DMS cleans up at the Texas Pinball Festival with 4 winning machines!

8 Likes

The tiny house bus project was buzzing this weekend.

11 Likes

Where’s the Like button?

2 Likes

It’s the heart icon :wink:

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to build a bus out to a RV, but I do not have the space & pretty sure the city would really get after me.

Here are some pictures from last Wed foldforming class.

Uploading…

3 Likes

I was busy making a lot of new work, myself

3 Likes

Promised my wife a kitchen island 3 years ago… made it this month at DMS :slight_smile:
All cedar, biscuit joints for the top and shelf, pocket hole joints for the rest, Danish Oil for the top, white stain for the legs and shelf, lots of help from DMS members :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Nothing sexy or fun, but a few of us are building more personal storage.

10 Likes

In VECTOR we had a great time promoting DMS and Winning at TPF. Thank you to all that helped with set up and tear down.

Click here to see who the TPF WINNERS are.

8 Likes

Its an on going project but here’s tonight’s update on the cruel-bus.

Painted the entire bus yellow again (started grey) and then added rust and grime back on.

Added grids to the windows and a metal panel and slide lock to the gas cap. Gotta protect that guzzoline from the raiders.

Picked up a hitch hiker already

6 Likes

I have some stuffed animals if you want to destroy them and attach them to the front as a dystopian treasure hunt find.

1 Like

Took me a year to get around to staining it, but here’s a “supporter shield” I made for a friend. This was probably the 2nd thing I ever routed on the Multicam. (banana for scale)

14 Likes

Kent, that’s truly gorgeous.

Thank you! I made some mistakes learned a lot about staining. I am hoping my next staining job turns out better. I really can’t stress enough how little talent was involved in making this (unlike the stuff you do). Our machine and VCarve are magical together and everyone should take that class at some point. The hardest part for me was literally planing and jointing 3 boards flat enough so the vacuum table would hold them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice!! Need to change the letters though from Leeds United to Leicester City :smiley:

1 Like

Liverpool fan myself, but anyone whose dog isn’t in the fight right now is a part time Leicester fan for sure. Ultimate underdog story, and good luck to those bookies trying to buy back those 5500 to 1 tickets… Hehe.

I will give it to my friend, he has remained a Leeds fan since the 90’s, even though they haven’t been first tier for quite a while.

Ah Liverpool isn’t too bad I guess lol. Leicester is my hometown, fan for life :wink:

a new creation takes shape (completed will be shown in the next makers make show)

Uploading…
Uploading…
Uploading…

6 Likes