Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - March 2016

Laser cut some templates for predrilling hinge screw locations

(Naturally I typed in the wrong offset in cad for one set of holes, but used other template to redrill them in the right spot vs cutting out another)

6 Likes

I not only finished the rings I had started, but 2 more and 2 necklaces! Now I really need to get to work on the growing list of custom stuff.

Chrysoprase and sterling:

Agate and sterling:

Opal on the left, rose cut white topaz on the right:

My favorites…pod ring and a knuckle ring:

Yellow druzy, turquoise beads, glass seed beads:

Sterling and glass seed beads:

15 Likes

I got a bug to make a couple of music instruments, so for the first I made a cigar box guitar

9 Likes

I was hoping you were going to post pix of the strum-sticks.

I plan on it, but they will probably be in next months Show and Tell. I am almost finished with the woodworking part of the strum sticks, but I need to finish the nut and bridge, and while working on those I need to sand and apply finish to the sticks. I plan on using a home made oil-varnish finish, which will take a week or so to apply all of the coats.

How about pictures of the prints?

Here is one of my early prints, I’m hoping to make a chocolate mold out of it. The main reason I wanted to build this printer was to get into molding and casting 3D prints. The part was printed vertically standing up so I could print more at once. Unlike FDM, extra size on X and Y doesn’t add time to the print.

7 Likes

Nice level of detail in that print. Would be nice to have a resin 3D printer at DMS.

2 Likes

why yes, yes it would…

2 Likes

@rshill - What is the current mirror size on the DMD, and with what did you illuminate it?

AFAIK You can actually increase the SLA resolution by dithering or anti-aliasing the DLP image that it cures each layer.

I’m using a Acer X152H DLP 1080P projector as the source for my projection image. I also use anti-aliasing. I can’t discern the pixels in my prints.

Thanks. I see now that the DMD itself is down to 7.6µm micromirror pitch. Amazing.

2 Likes