Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - July 2016

@CaryF300 taught another one of his wonderful dye-sublimation classes last night. We had six students in the class. Each student was able to dye a T-shirt, coffee cup and mouse pad or two coasters. Cary taught the process, explained each of the pieces of equipment at DMS, provided sources for materials and demonstrated how to dye each substrate.

Each student brought their own images and Cary helped size and print each one. His wonderful wife was also very helpful in teaching each of us how to use the machines. (I’m sorry Cary I didn’t recall her name this morning. I must be getting old.)

Everyone had a great time “making” using the dye sublimation process and getting to know each other better. Below is a picture of the mugs we made. What a great class and a great time. Thank you so much Cary for teaching it!

:smile:

9 Likes

It was a really fun class to teach last night. Thanks @coloneldan for posting this picture. And thanks to my wife, @donetta, for keeping me on task, and helping with the hands-on part of the class.

3 Likes

Step 1 for Rube Goldberg device, go through lots of effort to generate a small amount (<50 watts) of electrical power, made entirely from scraps laying around DMS

4 Likes

With a little fine tuning you should be able to generate about 150-200W/hr for hours from a normal healthy person. An athetic bicycle rider can generate 350-500W/hr. Assume maybe 60-80% conversion efficiency for a tuned set-up

Well I finished bagging up the parts for the twelve seats in the upcoming Build a Michigan Mighty Mite Transmitter class. The first class is this Wednesday evening and the second class is on the 20th. As of now both classes are full.

and I have made some additional progress on the matching radio receiver for a future class.

10 Likes