Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - February 2017

Slow motion video from 1 out of 10 sheets of plywood cut for new personal storage shelves. Cut speed was 500 inches / minute with a 3/8 roughing bit

9 Likes

Everyone makes such amazing things!! I hope to grow my creative skills as well as everyone else. This was my first wood working project (sortaā€¦ my first one failed, so I called mulligan :wink:) I made a cutting board for my mom. It still needs some mineral oil, but you get the jist. I chose piggies because itā€™s my momā€™s favorite animal and I have five brothers and sisters, so naturally thereā€™s 6 little piggies. Obviously thereā€™s room for improvement on this guy, but thatā€™s what makes it a great first project. Quarks I can learn from. Ultimately I had fun making it, met some awesome/helpful people, and I know I used enough glue. Haha

There are a bagillion more projects I plan to work on, but Iā€™m only here until May, so Iā€™m hoping to learn as much as humanly possible before moving to Alaska. I basically have a ā€œbucket listā€ of projects I hope to complete before then. My big project is to create a custom Settlers of Catan board game. So if anyone has already done that or has thought of doing that and wants to colab/assist, hit me up! Also, if I ever look like Iā€™m struggling with whatever Iā€™m working on, feel free to offer your expert advice. Iā€™m here to learn just as much as I am to create. (Plus, I probably am struggling. Lol)

I look forward to seeing everyoneā€™s upcoming projects. Itā€™s always refreshing to see others exploring their imaginations and bringing it to life.

Walnut/maple/cherry cutting board 11x16"

Edit: I forgot to mention a huge thanks to @PearceDunlap (I think this is you) for all his help with the Lasersaur. I probably would have broke down crying and given up trying to figure out all the hiccups I kept running into. (Design/user error haha)

14 Likes

Nice cutting board!! I love how you lined up the piggies on the laser, cool work.

If youā€™re moving to Alaska, maybe you can take what you learn here in Dallas and start a new Makerspace up there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s darling! What a great project. I know your Mom will love it.

2 Likes

Thank you! Itā€™s so funny you mention that. Iā€™ve been thinking a lot about looking into it. I would LOVE to start one up there.

5 Likes

NAMES!
We need names. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, I love this!!! Very cool!

Blog posted.

3 Likes