Computational Designer at Lockheed Martin

There’s an opening on the team that I work with. I suspect the qualifications and skills overlap with those of some of the folks around here. I’m happy to answer questions if I can.

https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/job/grand-prairie/computational-designer/694/67708675152

I’ve discussed some of what I do at work elsewhere on Talk. It’s an interesting place to work and I’m never sure what will come across my desk next. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You should mention that this position requires security clearance. That is a huge barrier to entry for people that don’t already work in defense. I’m a seasoned EE and I would definitely apply for this position but the posting requires a clearance and they aren’t offering to sponsor.

People who already have security clearances aren’t struggling for work.

My understanding is they’ll sponsor a candidate for a security clearance. Under the requirements it lists the ability to obtain a security clearance. This is what they say if they’ll sponsor a candidate for a security clearance.

If they require that a candidate already has a security clearance it will say it requires an active security clearance under the requirements (which this one doesn’t). Subtle differences but I’m glad you brought it up.

1 Like

If anyone is now wondering, how would I know if I can get a security clearance or not? This video gives some helpful hints. Note it’s from a third party, not sure if it’s factually correct but it seems very plausible.

1 Like

This is great. I always assumed mental health history was a concern but it’s possible it isnt as much of a barrier as I thought.

My coworkers with more experience have said it’s changed over the years in a positive way. This document from the DCSA is interesting.