Certificate of Occupancy

Makers!
This morning we passed our inspection on the new side of the building! We have our certificate of occupancy!

I would like to thank everyone who volunteered their time and effort to make this happen. There are too many to list here but please know, we couldn’t have done it without you. Your efforts have made us bigger and better and you deserve a round of applause!

Our next steps are as follows:
This weekend -

• Finish repairing the ceiling - the frame is done, just need to cut some tiles.
  • Deep clean the floors - so the tape will stick… going to rent a cleaner for this or get a service
  • Tape off the committee areas - we are getting a specific tape for this
  • Paint the wall patches - there is a chart explaining what paint goes where if anyone wants to get on this just find one of us on the team and we can get you going.

Once this weekend’s chores are done - (Scheduled to start Monday, but can start based on task completion)

• Electronics, Science and Vector begin moving
  • Place final security cameras
  • Glass and Print Making begin moving
  • Logistics adds work tables to the new front room
  • Clean the Electronics, Science and Vector areas
  • 3D Fab moves it’s design computers to their area (The printers can’t move until we have the Phase 2 power done. Sorry)

Second phase moving - (Timing dependent on the tasks above)

• Common room moves to the new side
  • Clean the common room
  • Digital moves to old Electronics
  • Clean Digital
  • Conference room moves and gets cleaned
  • CA moves to old Common Room/Digital/Conference Room
  • Clean CA
  • Warehouse side committees can bring their storage items to their new space prior to their official move

To the Chairs of each committee that will be in the early moves, I’ve already spoken with a few of you, I’ll be around tonight if you want to discuss in person, otherwise, just send me a PM and I can help you coordinate any moving assistance you may need.

Again, huge thanks to everyone that stepped up and made this possible! You are all ROCK STARS!

51 Likes

One nit pick… The design computers in the Common Room are not just for 3D, there are several groups that use them regularly. They need to stay available to all.

5 Likes

Here is a floor scrubber option at the local hertz. This is the cheapest one, but the walk behind 32 inch is where we should probably be in. I’m not a fan of the riding ones, not that they are not good, but they are a bit weird to use if you’ve never driven a vehicle inside a building. Those that have used these will know what I mean.

Here is the link,
https://www.hercrentals.com/us/rentals/floor-care-surface-prep/scrubbers.html

2 Likes

This. Metal actually has software on them that’s not available anywhere else and they are additionally used by members for general CAD purposes.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Sounds great, when can logistics move all project storage to the new warehouse?

Great news!

Thanks to everyone who has helped get Suite 102 ready.

3 Likes

Never. All project storage will be spread out amongst both warehouses. The racks for the new warehouse have to be painted and erected before any project storage moves over.

There is a LOT of work left to do.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Do we have the pallet racks that needs to be painted, is that a volunteer opportunity that is available? I’m assuming according to the previous layout designs that they will surround new auto?

To help, I would suggest we go with an epoxy paint if we are going to paint them. That said, Powder Coating is probably the best option for a strong finish on pallet racking.

Why do the racks need to be painted? Are they in particularly rusty shape? or Is it just for aesthetics?

My opinion, they are like a$$holes, everyone has one. I’d like us to pay someone to do the cleaning of the floors, or at least look at the cost of doing so. I think it would be more effective to do that, if we rented a cleaner, then we have to find the volunteers to do it in the time frame that we have the rental. The floor grinder I think is the prime example of this.

5 Likes

Yes, some are on a palet in the back of the new space, I think the rest are in storage. The ones I’ve seen have some rust, hence the need for painting.

I need to meet with the logistics chair to start coordinating their tasks. We should have specifics soon. We would definitely appreciate any help you can give.

most of the committee will be there sunday for off siting, we can talk then.

Fantastic, I’ll come help. What time will you be getting started?

I would like to suggest we rent a large truck, or get a member with a flat bed trailer to move the remaining rack parts from storage to the 102 warehouse. All day Saturday and Sunday morning look to be rainy…

1 Like

Sunday @3pm offsite storage.

1 Like

Totally a possibility, do you know any Warehouse Cleaning companies that will come out for a one time job? I only know of office cleaning companies and many wouldn’t tackle a cleaning like this as a one off. But, I’m excited to know of more options.

That all said, running one of these walk behind scrubbers isn’t that bad of a job. When I ground the concrete floors at my previous facility, the scrubber was that best job to have. You just walked behind it and revealed the beautiful floors as you went. It is kind of like writing in the dust on someone’s window. Just a satisfying job. The biggest pain is emptying the tank, but you could probably just poor that into the parking lot and let it evap, as it is just dirt and water.

1 Like

If we can use it for off siting as well as rack moving that would be ideal.