Ceramics Kiln News - November 2020

Santa called, she said she’s tired.

2 Likes

@AvalancheOfFox – here.

Hi, @AvalancheOfFox i left your dish in the shelf. Do you by chance have a picture if my cheeseboard on the kiln shelf? I want ti see it there since it was broken in half when i went to pick it up today. Trying to figure out my mistake.

Thanks

Whoops, posted pics in wrong thread - will post here. My mistake.

2 Likes

Not sure why this won’t let me post this link but this is the last pic

1 Like

oooooooooo excited to pick up my teapots!

Is it possible that my bowl didn’t make it or being thrown out? It was my very first bowl, I forgot to put my initials on it and I don’t find it. I put on the shelf, I think on Friday or Thursday…

Probably in the kiln for Bisque firing.
It’s preferable to put your name on items so they are recognizable, but items are not thrown out.
(Unless they have been abandoned for more than a month).

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like it, this is the channel it would be announced.

1 Like

The short answer is “no”.

The long answer is: not everyone on the Kiln Team gets up here early on their day. Some folks have day jobs. Me – I’m just a night owl. Unless I’m matching schedules to train someone, I’m not likely to get back there before midnight. (And it wasn’t my day…)

1 Like

Patience potter peoples…kiln team is working very hard on getting everyones work in. It is the holiday season and…EVERYONE IS CREATING.

2 Likes

Glaze and bisque unloaded! Shelves filled to the brim! Come get your pretties!

I know I took picture of the lady stuck to the pumpkin, but they were not actually stuck luckily!

2 Likes

Is the red & white one the tiki cup? I can’t tell. :thinking: Hope it turned out good! :crossed_fingers:

Why did my greenware buddha end up in the glaze kiln? That was poured for the raku event and if it’s been glaze fired it’s vitrified and I can’t use it.

Looks, awesome.

5 Likes

With the pores closed the items can not absorb carbon. Can you repour since you have the molds. Put them in your home oven at 150 to fast dry?

We will need to see if the kiln team can do a special fire next week to have them ready for our glaze event.

1 Like

It was on the shelf with items to be glazed, I assumed it was there on purpose

Uh, oh, no, that was a mistake:(

I saw the items on the shelf too- thought it was intentional. It wasn’t with the greenware items.

Ok, well it’s devolved into a he said she said thing at this point, two of the people this happened to said it was on the right shelf.