Ceramics Kiln News - November 2020

Lol…I cant help it, I’m salty.

1 Like

I knew it was you lady :joy:

1 Like

image image image image image image

Bisque unloaded.

3 Likes

Was Glaze unloaded today? I’ve have a couple pieces on the shelf for a couple weeks.

I’ll check…

I haven’t yet, think there’s a Bisque to unload.

Home with doggo that just had 19 teeth extracted:(

If you can help unload the Bisque today, I can help with Lustre tomorrow.

1 Like

Ok I’m debating on going up there tomorrow. I’ll check to see if glaze pic are posted later tonight.

No glaze loaded. I’ll unload the bisque later. Can we run glaze in 1027? 'Cause we’re going to load luster in 1222, right?

No, don’t use the 1027, could use the Paragon.

1 Like

Or the 1222, and we can make two loads of Lustre if needed.

So 2 loads of bisque are being unloaded before a glaze? :thinking: A bisque was unloaded 3 days ago and the glaze was under 300 degrees on the 10th. I had looked on my way to the committee meeting because I was waiting for the next glaze batch. Surprised the glaze hasn’t been unloaded yet. :woman_shrugging:

There was a glaze unloaded two days ago afaik?

1 Like

The glaze has been unloaded, but no pictures were uploaded. I was going to take pictures of the shelves, but my phone is having issues with the interwebs. I may take pictures to see if I can sort that out later. Any thing in particular? There were some pumpkins…

Ok…I was wondering why I hadn’t seen pictures or post about a glaze unloading. I didn’t have anything in that batch, so don’t worry. Hopefully, my glaze is now in the kiln getting fired. :crossed_fingers:

Well…nothing was posted here, so how are us non-kiln team people supposed to know? :woman_shrugging: I didn’t have anything in that batch, so it doesn’t effect me. I do, however, watch for unloads here when I have stuff on the shelf waiting its turn. It gives me an idea of when my stuff might be done. I’ve been waiting for days to see a glaze unloading post.

Even if pictures weren’t taken of un unload, can it be at least mentioned here?

2 Likes

That was my error all. I unloaded the glaze and then got busy with a class and forgot to post.

Here are the pics of that glaze.

2 Likes

I did not make it private fwiw.

It serves no purpose imo. Everyone should see what is going on. How the team is firing their stuff, voting, and or spending money. For learning, reference and transparency. Same with the kiln team meetings, there should be minutes for all the membership and the team to reference.

2 Likes

So what is your solution, I welcome you to take minutes.

2 Likes