Ceramics beginners class/ new to this skill

I’d like to know about beginners classes. I have zero experience in ceramics but i do have decades of experience with my hands. Woodworking, welding etc… i would like to learn a new talent. I had someone who was very much into this and although they arent around anymore I’d like to learn this art. Please advise the next beginners class. Thanks

@Team_Ceramics . Looks like we are still in holiday mode. Classes should come up soon-ish. There’s one this Saturday, but it’s already full. Bear with us as we wake up from holiday mode. To get ready, you should go to Dallas Makerspace: Log in to the site and take the Ceramics 100 class. That should get you in tune with the basic things we expect you to know to work in our space. Feel free to ask any questions that puzzle you here.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, will do

Fuck me,I think my ex may have cancelled my part of the membership because i cant get in no matter what i do. How do i resign up?

First off – did you have any thing done that would give you permissions? Wood shop, Metal shop, that sort of thing?

Either way (yes or no), I’m not quite sure how a secondary membership goes about it, and what’s blocked and what isn’t. I’d try to sign up for a new membership. See if it will let you use your same email address.

@Team_Infrastructure

Looked you up. You’re listed as a primary, but you’re not active. It’s a gmail account – do you need more info than that?

1 Like

I appreciate your time. I dont know why im locked out but i guess ill just figure it out. Im primary, i know thats why i was looking for advice. But thankyou for essentially minimizing that. Appreciate ya.

You’re locked out because your membership isn’t paid.

I apologize. I need to check myself sometimes. Ive been through some pretty abusive relationships that give me reflexes. I apologize and we’ll figure it out.

Quickest way to get in and pay off?

It’s pretty simple from here. You go into your account, and pay, and then you’ll be good again! And, if you can still access that email (which I can give you if you need it – just didn’t want to post it in the open), that should be easy. Log into your account, and request new services. If you’ve got a new card, make sure that you make it primary. I think that you can delete an old card if you need to. Also, if you’ve got the same card, but a new address, you’ll need to update the address. The CC system we use checks your address and zip code.

And, since you are the primary, if you get the account with that same email, then all your old permissions will be back.

I only need more info for what would get me signed up

Okay. Did you get signed into your account?

1 Like

Not yet, my ex did the signing in, so i have to sign in new without her i guess.all new

If you still have access to that email, then just request a password reset. It will be sent to that email.

2 Likes

I reallyy appreciate your help. I didnt expect this much help and i appreciate all of it. Thankyou

1 Like

I have not got signed in. I need a link or something to pay and sign in

You did request a password reset, right? Has it not come?

I’m really hoping that that works for you. Seems I heard a while back that the system was being a bit spastic. And unfortunately, I can’t do anything about that part of it. Nobody in infrastructure is online right now.

I appreciate your help, thankyou

2 Likes