Ceramic Kiln News October 2023

Please follow this thread to determine if your items are ready for pick up. Please pickup your piece(s) ASAP, we are a very busy community and need the room to unload kilns when ready.

If your piece has a star in it, the item is being marked for our 30-day guideline. Please put the stars back in the glass dish on the shelf after collecting your piece(s).

As a reminder there is no personal storage on our shelves or in the Ceramics space, that means bisque items should not be on the In Progress shelves. Please be mindful of other community members and use a ware board that fit the size of your piece, this will allow more room for makers to make.

If you have a piece that’s been “missing”, please double check the Needs Attention thread and shelf. Your piece will have a note attached as to why the kiln team did/can not fire, it is important that you fix the issue in order for your piece to be fired. Continuing to place your item on the shelf for firing without fixing the issue will not result in an ultimate firing of your piece.

If you need assistance or other options to achieve your desired results, please consult the wiki guidelines for firing or reach out to the community for further information.

Thank you!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Unloaded glaze

1 Like

Unloaded glaze! Please come get your stuff! The shelves are full!

Unloaded glaze and bisque! Please come get your stuff the shelves are overflowing!

Shelves are full!

1 Like

Loaded glaze 1222 with help from @Liamluu
I won’t be doing kiln training tonight due to being out of town. We had 3 days of not loading between Monday and today so if anyone is around, the bisque could use loading. Thanks!
Here’s next for glaze:

2 Likes

Will anyone be around for the new wheel delivery at 6PM today?

1 Like

I can “help”, but unfortunately haven’t gone to the ceramic committee meetings lately, so not sure where they go, would be great if Jamie or Anna could be there.

3 Likes

Connor from Trinity just delivered!

2 Likes

Scott called to let me know, so exciting! We were out of town all weekend for markets but I will be there tomorrow morning and can get them set up then!

2 Likes

Unloaded bisque
IMG_7954
IMG_7955
IMG_7958
IMG_7956
IMG_7959

1 Like

Hey y’all,
Posted on the “items being tossed Friday” thread but wanted to make sure everyone saw, it’s these items on the table by the door that will be tossed Friday. We hate throwing away your beautiful pieces, please come get them!

Also the pick up shelf is EXTREMELY full and a lot of old pieces on there too. We will be tossing the ones with a purple star 11/10.

2 Likes

Come get your goodies! Bisque has been unloaded.

Unloaded glaze, shelves are full