Ceramic Kiln News November 2023

Please follow this thread to determine if your items are ready for pick up. Please pickup your piece(s) ASAP, we are a very busy community and need the room to unload kilns when ready.

If your piece has a star in it, the item is being marked for our 30-day guideline. Please put the stars back in the glass dish on the shelf after collecting your piece(s).

As a reminder there is no personal storage on our shelves or in the Ceramics space, that means bisque items should not be on the In Progress shelves. Please be mindful of other community members and use a ware board that fit the size of your piece, this will allow more room for makers to make.

If you have a piece that’s been “missing”, please double check the Needs Attention thread and shelf. Your piece will have a note attached as to why the kiln team did/can not fire, it is important that you fix the issue in order for your piece to be fired. Continuing to place your item on the shelf for firing without fixing the issue will not result in an ultimate firing of your piece.

If you need assistance or other options to achieve your desired results, please consult the wiki guidelines for firing or reach out to the community for further information.

Thank you!

1 Like

Glaze unloaded

1 Like

@coffeebean had posted on another thread about the expiring items but I wanted to post here too just in case. These items are due to be tossed Nov 10. Please come get them before hand!

1 Like

Bisque…

1 Like

BROKEN ITEM NOTICE:

So sorry! I was loading bisque tonight and was carefully moving these cookies with tiny pieces into the kiln, but this one still toppled. All the other trays of these are in there but these I left in case whoever they belonged to wanted to patch them up. please remember if you have precarious stilt situations to use some Elmer’s glue in the cabinet to tack down the stilts, especially if there’s this many on a cookie. Thanks and sorry again

1 Like

Glaze

1 Like

Unloaded bisque

Unloaded glaze

1 Like

Unloaded bisque

1 Like

1 Like

Bisque is out!

These are expired and will be tossed at 9pm tonight! Come get them before then please

Unloaded glaze

1 Like

Unloaded the luster firing!

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded! Come get your goodies! Shelves are full!!!

1 Like

Beth, April and I unloaded glaze
IMG_8068
IMG_8069
IMG_8071
IMG_8072
IMG_8073

3 Likes

…

IMG_8074
More glaze

3 Likes