Ceramic Kiln News - July 2021

Opening the July Thread.

Remember to check the “Needs Attention” shelf if you can not find your items in the kiln news. Also, pick up your fired items within 30 days please.

3 Likes

And there’s a small dish, same size as the Liam white dishes, but patterned, hiding behind the big vase.

1 Like

Unloaded the bisque kiln.

4 Likes

Unloaded glaze from the paragon

1 Like

Unloaded glaze

3 Likes

Unloaded bisque.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Bisque unloaded, Bisque shelves are full, so if you don’t see your work, look on the shelf above.

Please check these items before they can be fired.

The plate up front with holes in the rim is mine and i had it on my own cookie. Why was is taken off? And where is my cookie?

1 Like

Is there a specific firing schedule? I’m on a bit of a time crunch for a few pieces this month and would love to know how often firings are usually done.

The kiln team are volunteering time and it is a first in first out process. I can tell you we are typically firing on a daily basis but that may or may not be the case for the next couple of weeks.

Get your pieces on the shelves now so you have a chance at making month end :blush:

1 Like

1 Like

Dear potter, we had a mishap with your piece. Come see me and I’ll give you some pointers on potential fixes, sorry :disappointed:

We don’t have a specific firing schedule.
However, always best to give yourself plenty of time to complete your pieces because you never know if a kiln will break down or it there was a class and the shelves are full etc.

1 Like

Unloaded bisque, there is an abundance of pieces to pick up!

1 Like

Glaze unloaded

Bisque unloaded…. Shelves are so full

Glaze unloaded.