Ceramic Kiln News - July 2021

Exciting! Looks like there were a lot of too thick applications of Snowflake but the thinner, quicker dip got some of the hex crackles. The reticulated continues to be one of my favorite textural glazes and looks great. For those that got the ‘yogurt!’ instead of crackle, I don’t recommend refiring, the pot has already been under a lot of stress. Set it aside, come back in two weeks, and see how you feel. If anyone wants a retry with a faster, thinner dip, hit me up and we can go again.

3 Likes

Bisque unloaded

2 Likes

Unloaded glaze from paragon with @Bri_Gearhart

2 Likes

Thank you!

Does anyone know if we can add underglaze to the bottoms of our pots? Is there a concern underglaze will stick?

From reading the Amaco FB group, one of the black Velvet underglazes will stick. And a few others, but I don’t remember.

Thanks Beth, I’m curious about our new glaze pencil.

Considering that I thought we bought that so folks could write on the bottom of their pots, I would hope that it doesn’t stick.

2 Likes

It was originally purchased for labeling test tiles, last committee meeting, but bottom of pot labels should be fine as well.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks Monika. I wanted to confirm I can stop squeezing labels onto the sides and just scribble on the bottom. Thank you!

1 Like

Bisque unloaded

Glaze unloaded.

1 Like

Glaze unloaded

1 Like

Glaze unloaded.

3 Likes

Unloaded bisque and the shelves are full!!!

1 Like

2 Likes

Hello! I’m going back to college in a few days and have a few pieces I was hoping could be glazed by Tuesday night. Is that possible at all? I know I got them done late, and I totally understand if that’s too short notice to get them done.

If you put them on the shelf with a note we can see what we can do. There should be a glaze loaded today or tomorrow.

1 Like

Bisque unloaded.