Ceramic Classes Being Added

Lol, yes, saw “super bad” with co-workers, awkward. Would probably buy an item by that actor just for the fun of saying you have a piece.

He wasn’t in that movie, was he?

yeah hes one of the cops officer michaels

2 Likes

Sure was, officer Michael’s, lol

Oh Yeah! Haha McLovin… he was driving that kid around

3 Likes

lol yup and taught him how to shoot at a stop sign i believe

Adding a throwing class for 8/1 at 12:00 pm

when do these classes go live

Mine should be up some time today.

1 Like

I’ve spotted them on the calendar, so they should be ready.

1 Like

thank you i just signed up for the one i wanted

1 Like

48-72 hours after they’re submitted for review by the instructor. I recommend subscribing to the RSS feed to be notified when events post.

Now on the calendar:
Beginner Glazing Fri. Aug 27th 7-9pm
Handbuilding Ghosts Sat. Aug 28th 1-3pm (currently full)

Submitted and posting to the calendar soon:
Celebrity Ashtray Tue Aug 31st 7-9pm

A note about the Celebrity Ashtray: this is more than just a small personal ashtray. It’s actually a delightfully repurposable item. For example, it would be great for the visual artist working in ink and paints. The center can hold your ink/paint/cleaner, and your brush/pen/quill can then rest in the attached trough. Just use some imagination!
Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 5.36.35 PM

4 Likes

I just added 4 classes for September!
Fri, Sept 10 @7 PM: Mugs/Pour Overs
Mon, Sept 13 @7 PM: Throwing Juicers
Mon, Sept 20 @7 PM: Underglaze Transfers & Hump Molds
Mon, Sept 27 @7 PM: Throwing Chips N Dips/ Cake Stands

5 Likes

I added the following classes
9/8 10am throwing
9/22 10am come practice with me
9/30 6pm glazing

3 Likes

Teachers…We purchased a few boxes of class clay for the space. White Stoneware and a couple boxes of Whitestoneware no grog.

Please confirm prior to your classes that there is clay available. We need more than a weeks notice that we need more clay ordered and picked up. If you are in the teachers area and notice that the clay is getting low please let this group know so we can prepare in advance.

Thanks, Monika

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to actually come in and practice with you forever so thank you for posting these. I will see you at the morning practice session!

I can just barely throw. Not great at it by any means. Should I bring some clay with me? I don’t mind using free/recycled stuff from bins or whatever. Odds are very bad that I’ll even keep/fire anything since I’m still just trying to learn.

There should be 2-3 pots worth of usable clay in the Free Clay bin. Just make sure that you wedge it well.

1 Like

If you are coming to one of the classes we will supply clay. If you want to practice there is a ton of clay in the free bin, as Beth mentioned

Looking forward to seeing you :grin:

1 Like

added beginners Hand Building 101 on 10/3 at 10am