Calendar System Updates November 2016

There have been a few calendar updates recently. Instead of throwing them at the bottom of a 100+ thread I figured there were enough to warrant a new post.

If you teach a class you will now see an area to extend registration to after the class starts. It varies from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.

NOTICE: If you use the cancellation window you should not use the Extended Registration.

Secondly, there is now an option to make the files you upload private so that only the auditors and admins can see them. If you were concerned about people taking your presentation or other documents with out taking the class you can now set them to private and they won’t appear on the calendar event.

Lastly,
If you have taught a class you know that you can see your Registered Attendees by clicking on your class. Now under that same area there are new tabs. You can see who is registered for your class in registrations like before. Under Attendance you can check off people as they show up.

Now for the AD Assignment, It will only appear if you have selected your class to fulfill a prerequisite.

This is separate from attendance because there my be a test that needs to be completed before they have access, or they left half way through the class, etc.

If you accidentally assign someone to an AD group and you didn’t mean you need to contact an admin or someone on infrastructure to remove them from the respective group. There is no way to undo this through the calendar system.

That’s most of the public updates recently, if you have any questions please feel free to respond.

14 Likes

THANK YOU!!!

srsly tho this helps

1 Like

Is an instructor contact info field still on the list of possible future tweaks?

1 Like

Question:
Is the attendance field required to filled out for honorarium requirements or are they still tied to registration? (I ask in case I forget to fill it out later, or with it being new, if someone didn’t notice, etc)

Good updates!

I second the request/wishlist for instructor contact info

1 Like

Sorry for the delay but I have been super sick lately.

This is doable, but I have had others come to me and say they dont want their email and number readily available on the internet to be scrubbed for spam lists and such. It’s hard to accommodate everyone but I think the compromise is to put your contact info in the description if you dont mind your info being out there.

Currently the report is tied to registration still. I plan on putting it on the board meeting for December to have it pull from attendance for any class being taught starting January 1. This should give some for the word to get out. I would still recommend you start doing this so we can start seeing better numbers.

Thanks and let me know if there are any other questions.

2 Likes

Sounds great. Main thing was making sure I hadn’t missed the memo :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I went back a few classes and added in the attendance while I had my paperwork out. Figured it wouldn’t hurt just in case. Will continue going forward.

1 Like

Question: Is checking these boxes anything other than a note/reminder for instructor? In other words, does it drive any system decisions, in particular honorarium payments?

I’d like to demonstrate that, in fact, I am interested in getting an answer to my above question by bumping this thread. If it is deemed to trivial to answer, please let me know by answering it. Thanks,

The Management.

@Team_Infrastructure

It appeared that in the BOD agenda.

Update rule 5 under honorarium Process (Alex Rhodes)
Problem: Rule 5 currently States: Classes must be attended by at least 3 registered people to be eligible for payout
Solution: Modify the rule to state: Classes must be attended and marked by at least 3 registered people to be eligible for payout. rule will go into effect starting January 1st of 2017 and must be marked 72 hours (3 days) after the class is done.

3 Likes

Yeah. Sorry. This is one of those times I read it, but wanted to confirm some things before I commented. I made the update to the agenda last night and forgot to respond here.

1 Like

I’d like to suggest one minor wording change. One prerequisite is listed as “Lathe Basics”. I’d like to propose that one be slightly reworded to include the word “wood” someplace in that description, so that as the machine shop classes are added it will be non-ambiguous.

3 Likes