Building personal list of freelancing contacts at the space

Spacers,
Several friends of mine are reaching out to me for freelance projects. I am only capable of doing one at a time and would like to offload some of the work onto capable DMS members.

If you’re interested in short term freelance work related to Mobile Development, Graphic Design, Web Development, Hardware Development, 3d/2d graphics and animation work, Digital Art, or Game Development, then I’d like to add you and your portfolio to my personal list of contacts.

I think it would also be cool to advertise talent or promote ourselves as professionals in a self contained thread like this. It would be nice to get to know what our members are capable of in a professional(non-hobby) capacity.

Posts like this are about starting a communication process between you and other members. One that revolves around presenting your own technical/artistic capabilities.

The best format, I believe, is by leaving a Name(or alias), an email,possibly a portfolio of your work, or a short paragraph about what you like doing(If a portfolio doesn’t make sense for your type of work, or just doesn’t exist yet).

I describe several specific skillsets that interest me. Don’t feel discouraged from posting if you don’t have any of them. Those are my needs, not the needs of the DMS membership.

1 Like

A Simple Request
I understand that certain talk members have a tendency to turn what are essentially simple threads, into long meandering philosophical discussions that( however insightful and interesting they may be) end up having nothing to do with the original topic.
I’d like to ask you to start these independent discussions in a separate linked thread so that the original objectives of this thread are not hijacked by these thoughts. If you can present some form of improvement to the format of this thread that is more tangible than vague disagreement is, I would be quick to make edits to this post and include your ideas!

3 Likes

Daniel Hooper, P.E.

I’m a licensed professional electrical engineer, focusing on PCB design, firmware, and product development.

I work with microcontrollers from 8-bit through ARM 32bit, and have worked with a little bit of everything: motor control, analog sensors, audio, lighting…

I am open to discussing projects, talking about what may be required to meet the goals, and whether I can help you accomplish those goals.

[email protected]

NOTE: No post to this forum, electronics-oriented or otherwise, should EVER be construed as “professional advice”.

4 Likes

To keep Daniel company…

PCB mixed signal component selection and layout design, signal integrity & simulation, high speed digital design, labview generalist, experience base spanning a wide range of industries, 15 years.

My best contact is [email protected], but please denote Dallas Makerspace in Subject line as that address gets crammed with plenty of stuff.

Although I have looked at numerous scenarios, I have never worked on same thing twice, and there are areas of comfort and challenge with any project I’ve taken on. However I am energized by the simple, elegant solution to a challenging problem. I welcome the opportunity to open a dialog…

2 Likes

:bulb: The concept of having what’s essentially a ‘directory’ of members’ professional skills and contact information sounds like a good idea. :dms: :relaxed:

I would like to remind everyone that TALK is a public forum, so please use caution with what personal contact information you decide to post on it. For reference, the post is only about four hours old; and, is already showing up on Google.

5 Likes

Great thread. I would like to see a directory of members who want to be listed along with their professional skills as well as Makerspace skills so I can find help when needed and refer other people to Makerspace members. I think some networking would be nice.

I am an accountant and I have done quite a bit of contract work in the past. I’m pretty booked up right though. To copy Daniel’s disclaimer, none of my posts should ever be construed as professional advice.

2 Likes

Spent over 8 1/2 years in Product Management before moving recently into sales.

One of the things I worked a lot with were product requirements documents (PRDs) and these are crucial if you’re trying to tell someone what features you want developed for your product. They let you define what features are required and what features you’d like to have on it in a prioritized, descriptive list.

I can help you with that.

Raymond

3 Likes

@Dianna and I are open to web development and I do mobile dev on the side. I am rebuilding my client list after not doing freelance work for a bit.

2 Likes

great idea!

I am a storyboard artist, concept artist, graphic designer, illustrator, sculptor, and prop/production designer for film and stage. My day job is as a producer for an animation studio. My portfolio is at creaturecarousel.com and my professional email is [email protected]. Some of my most current work I can’t post just yet because the project isn’t released, but if anyone is interested in my services, I could put together a portfolio of relevant work.

3 Likes

I’m a licensed architect doing institutional, multifamily, residential, and commercial work. I do free consulting for DMS from time to time. I work for a large firm in Dallas, but enjoy helping people with projects that my office would find too small to go after.

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Alternate Freelancing Contact List suggestions (wiki, etc…)

Hey there! My name is Jeremy Doss, a relatively new member, and I currently work full time as a full stack software engineer working in C# ASP.NET Core, AngularJS, & MSSQL mainly, as well as a host of other languages and frameworks. I’ve taken classes in game dev using C++ and DirectX 11 and also enjoy tinkering/hardware/IoT and modifying my car at the space (will be there very soon for that =D).

I haven’t really put anything into a portfolio since i graduated, but you can see that stuff at My GitHub Page.

Please PM me and I will give you my email address.

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Trent and I’m relatively new to DMS. I have 10 years of welding and fab experience, stick and MIG. I have taken the CNC Plasma Cam and plan to do personal projects soon. [email protected]

1 Like