Black bus to be towed?

Walked in this morning and noticed this. I guess the landlord got tired of it being there and breaking the rules.

4 Likes

Here’s the closeup

I’m interested who the towing fee will go to since DMS owns it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Look closely.
The folks who “issued” the ticket don’t have the authority to tow anything.
The Motorsports committee is having issues w/ the pwr steering.
Give it a rest folks.

3 Likes

It would be different if there was an update on what is going on with it. The mass majority of membership have no clue what is going on.what progress you have made on it what hurtles you were going over in this fix.

Might even get more volunteers that way !

3 Likes

Good point.
However one could end up w/ to many “clueless” chefs in the kitchen.
At the moment I think there are 3 - 4 people working on the problem as their time allows.

1 Like

Yes but you would still get help

Last I heard, and this is overheard, so I may have missed some critical points – the pulley for the power steering doesn’t want to fit back in its’ finicky, tiny little spot. I’m not sure that its’ other issues have been fixed, but that’s what’s keeping it from driveable condition at this moment.

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/another-bus-in-parking-lot/24010/16
that was mentioned here…
wonder if it’s still the same problem…

Last I heard, you turn left & it turns right.

The bus has been parked illegally for a month, there is oil/grease/etc all over the pavement below it. It is blocking 3 good parking spaces, and making it difficult to park in three others. It is setting a poor example for members and non-members.

You’ve all seen the parking issues that we have been having in the past few weeks, is it any wonder that people don’t care where they park when they see that we apparently don’t care where vehicles are parked?

Art, hide and watch if you don’t think I can get it towed… but notice that I didn’t put a tow date on the sticker. I just want to put the DMS MS team on notice that this situation is getting really, REALLY old and they need to do something about it soon. I’ve had several members offer to tow it… to the railroad tracks has been suggested as an optimal location.

11 Likes

Uuuuum…
Hmm…
Gonna need to see that…
:smile:

Duly noted.
Getting the pwr steering fixed has tuned into the “project from hell”
2 steps forward and 3 steps back.
What appears to be a fix creates a new set of problems.
Not having a service manual doesn’t help.
Neither does not being able to reliably spec replacement parts.

You know, yank it over next to the ramp, pull the tires off and skirt down the wheel wells. Build an expanded metal cat walk to the dock. … there it is the black outdoor paint booth!! Boom!

3 Likes

That’s what Machine and Metal Shop are for!, :grinning:

FABRICATION NATION !!!

1 Like

Someone install the power steering belt in a figure-8 arrangement again?

2 Likes

Mobius Strip…

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

What would it cost to pay someone to fix it?

I posted this to Chuck yesterday:

Ok, small update. I got the #3 steering box out of the bus. We now have #1 and #3, #3 turns the wrong direction and #1 is questionable.

I would like to use someones procurement card to purchase another steering box. I’d like to go with to purchase it and finish the install. I asked Stan since he put a tow sticker on the bus, however his card is almost full since he just paid the electric bill lol. No one else was available today for procurement.

If I can get someone to foot the bill of the new steering box, I can have it at least functionally installed tonight so we can move it. With or without power steering.

As for having a shop fix it; I would put it in the ballpark of $2,000+. You’d need to tow it to a shop, and then labor and parts.

1 Like

How much could we make in YouTube ad revenue by putting it through a giant industrial shredder?

1 Like