Big Thunder Only Laser? Yes -- 2022/09/03

Hi Everyone,

I just left the space and Big Thunder seems to be the only Thunder Laser working. Wasn’t sure if I missed a post about Donner and Blitzen.

Blitzen was working fine earlier this week, and haven’t heard/seen any changes to that on Talk or at the space.

Donner was mentioned in the Laser maintenance day post I think, but I didn’t see a main post.

@cvrana and I worked on the two thunders today. Donner has a dead HV power supply. Then we noticed Blitzen wouldn’t power up.

There was a tripped breaker. Then we diagnosed as far as there is a break or burnout somewhere in the main internal power line. It may be the line, estop, etc. But I didn’t have time to tear it apart tonight to find the fault.

HV supply will be ordered, and we’ll schedule some time to work on the bad power.

So yes, both small thunders are down. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another volunteer (who’s name I didn’t catch) and I looked at it a bit more. The L1 wire made it into the laser but didn’t make it up to the estop. I lost it somewhere behind the bed when it crossed from the right hand side to the left.

Edit: looks like its all good

1 Like

Hi all, went to use Big Thunder and it is giving a “Water Error” code - is this an issue with the chiller? Restarted the laser and both it and the chiller appear to be functioning. Going to add some distilled water per conversation with Tim and see if that fixes.
@Team_Laser

Slight correction. Gonna add water in the morning. Girlfriend is tired of waiting. :slight_smile: (none was found and space; will buy some extra to keep in the cabinet)

If you get a jug, and can convince folks to Leave It There, you can make distilled water over in Jewelry. They’ve got a distiller/filter-thing.

2 Likes

Thanks! We picked up and left a couple gallons in the cabinet and a couple in Science. The issue wasn’t water level but the cable for the alarm being broken. We’re fixing now.

Edit: And we’re up and running!

2 Likes