Bearing puller?

Do we have a bearing puller like this for use in a blind housing?

I see the photo that @LukeStrickland posted in this post but I’m not sure I recognize what I’m looking for in that photo (and it’s over a year old so things may have changed).

As far as I know, we don’t have one with teeth that will fit into the actual ball bearing portion of it. Most of the pullers we have are mean’t for either a pilot bearing, or a larger bearing where you can get behind the actual race.

Chris,

Approximately what inside diameter is the bering you are trying to remove?

I have a few bearing pullers like the one pictured above made by Kukko of W. Germany. I’d be happy to lend you one if it would help.

Thanks for the offer. My bearing has a 1/4" ID (3/4" OD).

I stumbled across it on Google. Apparently it’s an SKF TMMD 100 Deep groove bearing puller.

I’m not saying it’s what I need, exactly - it just looked promising.

https://www.kctoolco.com/search.php?search_query=ball%20bearing%20extractor&section=product

They aren’t cheap…

The real John Marlow managed to get the mating shaft out. With some work I think this bearing is now pressed flat into its socket so I don’t think I need the bearing puller.

At least right now. Haha! We’ll see when I get the mating shaft pressed in …

2 Likes

Raymond,

Tools and equipment that are made to precise standards and built to last a lifetime where one will never need the “lifetime warranty” are usually higher priced than those found in local junk retailers.

Gedore has been making tools longer than most but they are not as over priced as Snap On.

You’re preaching to the choir.

I buy from KC Tool Co and have been VERY happy with the Wera tools made in the Czech Republic I picked up from them.

1 Like