BattleBots 2020 Season Premier This Thursday (12/3/2020) - Cheer On DMS' Own & SubZero!

Tune in to BattleBots 2020 to cheer on DMS’ own @themitch22 Mitch Cerroni and the rest of Team SubZero as they grapple & flip their way toward the Giant Nut!

Check out our Show & Tell October for some pics

28 Likes

So proud of you Mitch! what a wonderful accomplishment!

8 Likes

I found a few more pics…

3 Likes

We should be on the third episode on the 17th (according to the title image on their site).

I can’t wait, the first episode fight cards are amazing fights! Also watch out for us in the audience, we were audience for a few fights.

15 Likes

Slice, crush, and smash!

4 Likes

I hope you grew a pimple or spikes on your butt to avoid too much time staring at the ceiling of the battlebox.

2 Likes

The geometry in that test was off, we didn’t have a problem getting stuck, the flipper is more than enough inertia to get us flipped.

2 Likes

He posted a good intro to the new season:

All the bots:

A summary of the first episode:

6 Likes

This is so cool. Congratulations!

SubZero appears at 43:34 of the second video.

3 Likes

SubZero goes up against Jackpot tonight (Dec 17)

9 Likes

Why did SubZero stop moving and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

2 Likes

We troubleshot it down to using a faulty main switch. It was used in last year’s subzero which caught fire. I rebuilt and cleaned the switch but it still seemed to make a bad connection with the impact of running Jackpot into the wall. You can see our LED’s start to flicker right before we died. It was definitely unfortunate but we used new switches after this fight.

10 Likes

Seems to be how most competitions are. It’s the 20 dollar part that gets you, not the expensive motor. Don’t get me wrong, the motor will get you too, ask the motorsports committee. It’s usually the alternator cable that flexed enough to fatigue, and a zip tie would have fixed it.

Enjoyed the show, wish you guys better luck for the next fight?

2 Likes

SubZero goes up against Grabot tonight (Jan 7)

5 Likes

Think these can be made into effective fighters?

As “walkers,” they can be up to 500 pounds.

1 Like

Yes. I saw a documentary on it.

realsteel

4 Likes

Don’t make the mistake I did. :frowning: It’s on at 7pm Central. The time listed above is Eastern.

1 Like

Each episode is rerun at least twice: at 11 PM the same night and again at 5 PM the following Thursday.

1 Like

And then at some point it’s re-run on Science Channel too.

2 Likes