Show and Tell September 2020

hunh…ok thanks

1 Like

If you’re seeing something different, I’d love to know what you’re seeing and figure out what we can do to get it back to where we want it…

If you unpin it for yourself, it moves down the “latest” feed like any other thread, and only gets boosted back to the top by a new post.

Red circle shows a pinned post; blue, unpinned. Click the pushpin to toggle.

I must have unpinned it and not realized it.

1 Like

Another great group of Ghosties showed up at Saturday’s class in Ceramics. We are ready Halloween

ZZZ

14 Likes

SubZero is ready to head to Battlebots.

Production is going on in L.A. with Discovery channel first half of October with strict Covid guidelines.

Our team has redesign and rebuilt every part of the bot for this year and it wouldn’t have happened without DMS.

More to come once we get dates for the premier on Discovery channel.

25 Likes

dude thats cool, powder coated at dms?

2 Likes

I bought this vintage radio on Facebook marketplace, was in great condition except missing a single plastic slider. I designed and 3D printed a replacement for it.

11 Likes

That’s chilling!

1 Like

Chase Gauges for Printmaking letter presses

6 Likes

I made this decorative ceramic wavy bowl for myself with armadillo Buffalo wallow clay and a mixture of glazes including mayco light flux. I painted the flux in a star pattern but you’d never know.
I plan to hang it up on my wall. The marbling effect kind of reminds me of a far away planet magnified.

13 Likes

16 Likes

Used to hate this clay but now I can’t get enough of it.
The coasters, plates and napkin rings are all handbuilt. They are made with slabs of specked buff and then molded, slipped and scored into their shapes. The glossy turquoise color is amaco tourmaline. The coasters are a mix of gun metal green layered over white satin matte. Can’t remember what the blue is. I really like showing some of the raw clay. It’s not food safe- I will need to go over the raw clay on the plates with a clear coat.
Forgot to add: I made the coaster designs with wax resist. The plates- I used tape to make the clean lines.

16 Likes

These are lovely. I like how each plate is distinct, yet they all play well together.

1 Like

11 Likes

Product photographer wanted $400 to take some pictures, I decided to try and take a risk make my own light box and see how my pictures would turn out. Glad i did.

14 Likes

If you want them more shadowless you can place your items on glass that is on standoffs above the paper background.

4 Likes

What haven’t heard that one?

A HUGE THANK YOU to @bertberaht and @Andy_Bojo for taking hours out of their day and projects to help me with this piece on the cnc machine. I can’t wait to gift this lazy Susan to my parents for Christmas! (Oak cookie is a small piece of a large tree from their home (my childhood home) that was cut down to make room for a pool).

23 Likes

I made a small panel mount for Anderson powerpole connectors. It’s going to go into a DIY lithium battery pack for our little teardrop camper trailer. It had been awhile since I’d used the 3d printers so I took the online training as a refresher and it was great. It made it easy peasy when I got to the space to print. Also, I really like the new 3d fab setup, nice and clean, tons of room, plenty of computers, all-around excellent. Thanks to the volunteers for the hard work getting that all together.

13 Likes