Anyone interested in polymer clay classes?

These would be classes in polymer basics and completing small projects, like making a tiny adorable dragon or something along those lines.

I would provide materials, as long as you aren’t picky about the color of your dragon/unicorn/pokemon.

3 Likes

raises hand

I would definitely be interested!

@missydee1206 ?

Tiny polymer dragon class? I’m in.

Sounds fun…would love to learn some sculpting techniques!

When you’re done with your creations, we know how to deal with them…

PS. Watch to the end of each episode for the “Extra Content” section.

1 Like

That’s one of my favorite YouTube channels! I always get a kick out of the “Extra Content”! hehe

I am definitely interested!

I could help with teaching millefiori canes and faces for beads/buttons in addition to your sculpting.

2 Likes

Yes, me please. I seem to recall there’s still a toaster oven in CA unless it has disappeared in a recent purge. I’ve eyeballed it a few times because I got some polymer clay that I wanna play with but haven’t. #notenoughhobbies

1 Like

It’s still around. Borrowed sometimes out to the warehouse but I hasn’t been lost.
Sewingstuff isn’t around much anymore FYI.

1 Like

Yes. The toaster oven is on the top shelf next to the paper towels near the tall work table. I have another one that I could bring for the day. I won it in our family’s round of Dirty Santa this recent Christmas, so dedicating it to polymer clay use won’t be a problem.

Hello #notenoughhobbies Great hashtag.

2 Likes

@uglyknees
Ah, gotcha. Yeah I saw the original thread was kinda old. This whole medium has been on my backburner for awhile. I’ve had the idea that if something didn’t pop up before this summer, it might be time to experiment. Polymer clay can be a complex topic so it’d be cool if someone with facility in it surfaces at some point. Ya never know who you meet.

But at the least, I figured this summer (my less busy time) I might play around and if I get the basics sorted out, I might have to do a beginner class if a SME doesn’t surface. It makes adorable teensy knit/crochet stitch markers, fiber tool bling, pieces for jewelry, etc. All roads lead to fiber, ya know :stuck_out_tongue:

@clk75201 thanks for the offer, it might come in handy during a class. Will see and let you know. I’d say keep at home until such time though since we have limited storage, especially for infrequently used largish footprint tool. I think that was your intent (just loaner for class only), but just putting that out there just in case

Aaack! I missed how old it was, too. I’m up for a play date the last half of March or April.

1 Like

I’m outa play dates until mid-June or later. I do Tuesday nights fiber at DMS, but that’s about all my free-time while I’m in renfair mode (I have a shop at Scarborough renfair, wire jewelry, apr/may so this is crunch-time for stock making and last-minute things to take care of).

Summertime is lots more flexible and can play with new stuff

1 Like

I’d love to participate in a class. I already have some experience in polymer clay and would love to learn more intricate techniques.

2 Likes

Is there a polymer clay interest group? We could put work days to the calendar instead of formal classes.

1 Like

That’s a GREAT idea! I’m new to DMS, so I’m not sure… :sweat_smile:

I’m new, too, but I love polymer, and it’s a really easy medium to tote around. Let’s see if our discussion gets others on board, if not, I’ll make a new subject in a week or so and we can set a date.

What times are you available? I’m a day user, but can show up almost anytime.

Daytime is perfect for me!

1 Like

Tuesday March 7? If so, morning or afternoon?