Taking donations for the CA garage sale 11am 3-23-19 Purple Classroom

I know what I have my eye on …

:smiley:

1 Like

Remember you cannot set aside items for friends or sell items at less than fair market value.

Example related to selling a donated vehicle: https://info.legalzoom.com/can-nonprofit-sell-donated-vehicle-one-its-members-27400.html

3 Likes

I’m sorry if I gave the impression I was expecting that. I have carefully not mentioned the item I want - to anyone - so as to not influence whether it even makes it into the sale. I expect to go in there at opening time with everyone else and take my chances.

4 Likes

My comment was directed at the OP conducting the sale. You can have your eyes on something :wink:

2 Likes

So we can’t sell things? I didn’t think about this aspect at all.

I guess the question is whether you can sell personal things and keep the proceeds instead of donating them and the committee gets the money?

No more like selling off the items from ca to the public at a low price. Is it wrong to do?

You can sell stuff, just has to be fair and available to everyone.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with it. Key is just letting public know. Whenever possible, if something is to be sold by DMS or a sales event, I suggest posting it on Craig’s List - that’s notifying the public in a forum that is commonly used for such things.

Then no one can be accused of a Double Secret Insider Sale.

3 Likes

I have two beautiful Epson wide format printers with some issues ready for sale. One very wide, the other extra extra wide! currently stored just 2 miles from the makerspace.
@claybell

1 Like

Sounds great. Send me the details at [email protected].

1 Like

I’ll post pictures of them to see if we can gather any interest in anyone buying them - they are worth a bit pieced out on eBay but not worth much as a whole from my research.

1 Like

To make sure I understand from the initial post, you’re taking items day of and only taking them around noon? I may have things, but not quite sure yet and I want to understand the time table from dropping items by.

I just was able to secure the room around 11 so taking items as of 11. If it’s small stuff we could hold it for a day but my worry is junking up the CA room with things. I’ll talk about how we could work it best with the Committee tomorrow (which you should come) and we will see where we could hold stuff (possibly)

1 Like

I want to say the Rex 607 heavy heavy sewing machine* is a loaned item. It belongs to @hasbridge. I added a little signage on the machine to make it clear. Harold is going to pick it up.

Harold - thank you very much for lending it to our community. That machine is a beast.

*Seriously. Try picking it up.

3 Likes

Like the Maker Fellowship picnic last year, I am certain gifts of service to raise funds would be welcomed.
@uglyknees is this cool? If so, I’ll donate 2 @1 hour private training sessions. Buyers choice:

• Laser all the things
  • Wood Turning
  • Wood working
  • Inkscape
  • 3d printing
  • 3d Design
  • Vinyl cutting & Buttons (the buttons are always the delight)
  • Metaza impact printer
  • Glass fusion via microwave
  • Leatherwork.
3 Likes

Was this posted in the right place?

Just pushing this back up. We are taking donations starting at 11 this Saturday. @Team_Creative_Arts time to clean out a cabinet and haul up some stuff to the space on Saturday morning. Please and thank you and you’re welcome if you need an excuse to purge

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder! Will try to go through some of my stuff this week to see if I have anything to donate : )

2 Likes

My wife Tracy has a bunch of scrapbooking stuff to donate. It’s mostly Creative Memories tools and supplies.

3 Likes