Any paid service available?

Hi. Does anyone of you offer car services? My power locks are failing. Started in the hatch, but now the back doors and windows are pooping out on me :frowning:

Thanks!

Working for $$ in the auto bay is specifically disallowed. Verboten. That said, someone may help you out out of the goodness of their heart.

Feeding and hydrating helpers generally not considered payment $$$ but is also a showing of the goodness of your heart.

1 Like

First thing I’d do is stop by an Autozone or Oreilly’s…for free they’ll hook up a OBDII scanner (diagnostic tool) and see if the car’s system is indicating any detectable problems, e.g. a bad computer module or any other detectable issue the car may be having.

1 Like

Is it only when using the remote fob, or are the switches inside also not working.

Could be the battery in the fob.

Just a thought.

1 Like

I thought we had a better scanner at DMS?

We have a best-in-class (for a multi-make) scanner at DMS.

1 Like

What make of car?

^^^^ THIS!!!

Some cars have well-known common wiring problems that cause that, like my son’s VW Jetta.

2 Likes

2012 Hyundai Tucson limited

Yep.

Yep, again…

So there is a learning curve. Flatter for some, steeper for others. Which begins, of course since it is DMS, with knowing it exists and then finding it.

If one has easy access to an Oreilly’s or Autozone, it is the simple, quick way for anyone of any skill or aptitude to figure out if there is an active code. Note that just because their OBDII reader doesn’t find an issue/code doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue that a better unit with make/model specific settings might find.

That said, if one plans to do more in-depth stuff with their car here, spending an hour or two getting familiar with the Autel and how to get detailed info for one’s specific make and model can’t hurt. There’s a manual/guide here for interested parties:

https://www.auteleshop.com/info/autel-maxisys-ms906bt-user-manual-free-download-16116.html

@Raymond’s point above is a good one. And note that almost every make/model combination has a dedicated forum or two on the internet. Definitely a good idea to find one and register and ask specific questions there.

1 Like

I have a Jetta with wiring harness issues.

VEMO V10830079 - Rock Auto for $96.89 is what David needed to fix his. All the window and door controls plus trunk release and gas door release function go through the driver’s side door.

Found out autozone can’t do it unless engine light is on

2 Likes

There is no rule against a member performing paid work at your home or some other location.