Autel MaxiSys MS906BT Quick Start Guide

Continuing the discussion from ABS + Traction Control Lights:

I would like to get some error code/diagnostic info for my CheckEngineLight on condition. Is anyone aware of a quick start guide or similar for this? I’ve poked around online but no luck so for…

@Team_Automotive @skyspook

I’m not aware of one. The interface is pretty straightforward for pulling codes, once you start digging into sensors the challenge is more about interpreting the data. Automotive Youtube is my go-to for that sort of thing.

1 Like

Yea, I’ve just poked buttons until it worked. You can either select your make/model, have it scan your vin, or there’s a way to start it in a “don’t care” mode. If I remember next time I’m doing car work, I might try making a guide to that. The manufacturer doesn’t have one, but the tool is targeted towards mechanics, so I’m not too surprised

1 Like

Ahem technicians:wink:

2 Likes

FYI…

The main tablet thing was plugged in and fully vaccin…errr…charged when I started to play around…the dongle was out of charge, so I plugged that in instead. Which is how it currently was left. If that is not the preference, someone might switch it back when they have an opportunity.