Amateur Radio SIG Leadership (Election)

As the AR Sig starts work again, we need to select a member or two to lead the SIG.

As far as a couple of us can determine, the following will be part of the role:

• Working/reporting to Art/the electronics committee as needed
  • Pulling infrastructure in where needed to complete tickets
  • Managing room layout and installs
  • Hammering out proposals for new equipment and other requests
  • Keeping the ham shack organized/up to date

In a month, we will be holding a meeting (likely over zoom or google meet) to decide who this should be.

I have not added an official date to the calendar yet, but it looks like the best day for this meeting so far would be February 12th, at around 14:00 / 2 pm.

Anyone who is an active amateur radio licensee and DMS member (or those looking to get their license) can reply to this post to declare if they would like to be considered for a role at this time (you have until a week before the election meeting - February 5th @ noon).

Please do not put your name down if you cannot commit a reasonable amount of time to the SIG.

As the AR sig is not a full committee, I do not think we need to have a strict voting/election. We will also have some time to discuss how often we should have election meetings/SIG meetings to keep things flowing during the election meeting.

If you are interested in leading or joining the election meeting, please keep up to date with this thread - any changes or news relating to it will be posted here, as well as a link to the meeting when the date/time is finalized.

(Please note that this post includes information/dates/times/role information that is based on my opinion. I am not the current elected leader of the SIG and any final say in issues relating to this will cascade to the Electronics committee chair. So if you see any issues with what I have posted, please speak up)

2 Likes

This is great, @jsnowfreedma.
I’d like to throw my name in the hat. One of the roles should also focus on growing amateur radio hobby through education.

1 Like

Former DMS Secretary here.

I’d suggest making major SIG business an agenda item at the next meeting for the sponsoring committee.

2 Likes

@artg_dms - Can we get on the agenda for the next meeting?

I guess I probably should have posted this in the first but I’m also putting my name down as willing.

2 Likes

I actually got the chance to talk to him in person today.

We can go ahead and do this ad-hoc style election. His only request is of course if anything major comes up between that time we let him know directly. And once we have the results and everything else to keep him in the loops that he knows who is who.

1 Like

My SIG policy is in the this post. Also in the Wiki.

1 Like

Okay it looks like only really @Jerry_Pirkle and I have any interest in running this, so for now we’ll co-lead this.

If people start getting more interest in this, we can always hold a small election in a couple months.

3 Likes