Adobe Licenses for All Members (until July 6th, 2020)

All members of Dallas Makerspace,

due to Covid closures and the shelter in place order, member access to Adobe Creative Cloud in labs and classrooms is not available. Adobe has provided temporary at-home access for impacted members, so that they can continue their learning remotely. Please follow the instructions below to enable access to Creative Cloud Desktop Apps on your personal device. These licenses are currently granted until July 6th, 2020 at the discretion of Adobe. Please do not rely on these licenses since this is a temporary gift from Adobe, and note they are not approved for commercial use.

I’ve put together this instructional, and I hope that someone can improve upon it as I have my hands full.

For members with their own adobe licenses: There is a known issue for members who have a personal Creative Cloud install. If you are unable to add these programs without overwriting your personal ones, please hold off unless you are comfortable with reinstalling personal copies and data. We have an open ticket with Adobe to see if there is a way around it.

For members without their own adobe licenses: please follow the directions below to install the Creative Cloud Suite at home.

1. Visit https://creativecloud.adobe.com and use your DMS G Suite Email account to login ( [email protected] ).

1. If prompted, select Company or School Account and then follow the prompts for the Okta SSO login using your DMS username and Password.

adobe_company_school

When prompted, enter your DMS G Suite Email address to login to Google

Which takes you to Okta. Okta ties in your Dallas Makerspace login with other services such as G Suite. G Suite is one of the supported login provides for Adobe, which allows us to sign you into our licenses using the same password as the DMS calendar and computers. Neat!
okta_login

google%20username

1. From the Creative Cloud website, browse for and download your desired app. Click Apps on the top of the page to view all apps.

adobe_apps

For more information on how to download or install apps, see Download and Install Creative Cloud apps.

For instructors seeking to engage members during campus closures, Adobe has curated resources to help them discover inspiring projects, best practices, and new ideas so they can continue to drive valuable learning in virtual environments. For more information on Adobe’s distance learning resources please click here.

Cheers,
-Tails

18 Likes

These are great if you want to learn something.
Everyones always saying "Man, I need to learn how to do ‘X’ in ‘Y’ Program (Illustrator/Photoshop).

Well now’s your time.

5 Likes

Darn, it’s not working for me, I can’t sign in using my [email protected]. Do I need to do anything to activate that email address? No rush, just wanted to get the apps to learn more about them.

Thanks,
Cindy

1 Like

Open a thread under issues and requests with your DMS username in it and tag team infrastructure

Semi related note, Affinity is allowing free 90 day access to their suite of software (Publisher, Photo, Designer), and also is selling them for 50% off ($25 instead of $50 each).

They’re pretty decent programs, have both Windows and Mac (and iPad) versions that are cross compatible, and it’s a full purchase, not a subscription.

7 Likes

I love Affinity Designer, I use it instead of Inkscape for a lot of things since it’s Mac friendly. :smiley:

All,

I received an update from Adobe re: our bug.
If your personal account has the greyed-out “sign out” button in the creative cloud, app, you can try signing out from within an application. If that fails, you will have to uninstall creative cloud however this does not remove user data from the local machine made with the apps, though Sync will not function until signed back into your personal account.

1 Like

Adobe has extended this program for schools until July 6th iirc. Might apply to this program as well.

2 Likes

I’ll have to reach out to support and check our entitlements. Not everyone was approved.

3 Likes

Got the word from Adobe, we’re included in the extension!

8 Likes

Thanks for checking this out!

1 Like

Did they perchance extend this? A couple days before 7/6 it was giving me a countdown. Then on 7/6 the countdown changed to 3 (?) more days. Now the countdown has disappeared but it’s still usable.