Adding some levity

Shamelessly stolen from a friend’s Facebook page:

Now that we are working from home, describe something your pet does as a co worker complaint to HR:

My co worker farts so much during meetings we have to leave the room.

And go…

2 Likes

I’m working from home today. #nopants

3 Likes

My coworkers begged me to go outside for a walk and then got tired halfway through and had to be carried back.

8 Likes

the resident WFH person keeps getting attacked by villains with nerf guns

/spoiler
its me

11 Likes

My coworker’s favorite method of “helping” is to climb on my desk on all fours, waggle around in front of whichever monitor I’m trying to use at the time, and insist on heavy petting or else.

9 Likes

During the shutdown process, I irresponsibly created and activated a perpetual motion machine.

18 Likes

Is that one or two violations the FM could write us up for? Does it create a 220V circuits - if 220V, does this increase the ampere carrying capacity? Does Voltage increase with each complete circuit? Since electricity travels at the speed of light, how fast is this happening?

5 Likes

Obviously two violations.

Voltage is surely immeasurable by now, although due to the nature of this device current flow is extremely difficult to measure.

The speed of an electrical signal through copper is some 80-90% c, better than light through fiber at some 60-70% c. I’d have to take that into account when determining voltage; note that incorrect measurements will yield a zero result.

2 Likes

Question: Why are there always holes in the prongs of an electrical plug?

Answer: The holes are required so that the current can flow. The bigger the hole, the more current you have.

6 Likes

OH DEAR GOD…OHHHH the HUMANITY

3 Likes

Infinite number of trips around circuit with a finite amount of resistance results in an infinite amount of loss…

1 Like

Not super relevant, but it’s always fun to note that the speed of the electrons moving through the copper is on the order of 10mm/s, depending on the exact circumstances.

1 Like

Indeed, but thankfully the signal itself is a large fraction of c.

Clearly you’re just measuring it wrong.

1 Like

Think there’s some physics thingy about things don’t like be measured.
The mere act of measuring alters what’s being measured.
Therefore all measurements are wrong.

3 Likes

And all models are false but some models are useful to the man trying to hold you down.

1 Like

Only if the “man holding you down” is yourself…

Naw man, it’s big utility and big physics suppressing the truth! I know it!

1 Like

Hmmm… you left out big pharma.
Time to step out of the AR / VR room.

3 Likes