3D Fab - Elagoo Mars Pro

Thanks for testing this. Was there much/any ash residue?

1 Like

Sorry, I’m late to posting this.

@John_Marlow has done an excellent job creating the Moodle course for the Elagoo Mars Pro printer. It’s available to members and will allow you access (3D Printer Elagoo Resin AD group) upon test completion.

learn.dallasmakerspace.org, login, and click on the Elagoo Mars Resin Printing course.

7 Likes

The enroll me button is missing the 2nd L. Thank you for publishing a course, taking it right now.

EDIT: on Leveling Summary it has the hotlink to summary, as in the end summary. this is probably not correct.

3 Likes

No, it isn’t – The English

1 Like

Moodle seems to put in its own links to any words it recognizes. The links don’t show up in the HTML so I don’t know how to remove them. In this case, I tricked it by removing the word Summary from the header so now it has nothing to link to.

3 Likes

It is spreading.
Lost Wax Casting Part 1 (dallasmakerspace.org)

Enrolment options

“You can not enrol yourself in this course.”

Perhaps there is some regionalization that needs fixing on moodle?

As far as I know, no.
This has been discussed here before…

I’ve tried… trust me I have. It’s just what moodle does. Some of the code isn’t regionalized properly either, so even if we were to spin our own translation, some of it would still persist.

2 Likes

thank you for the efforts then. ill shut up and learn to read the words with the single “L”

4 Likes

Not sure this will help but Moodle is an Australian product so they default to British English. You have to change the language to American English.

Here is a website that discusses it.
https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Language_FAQ#Which_is_the_official_language_for_Moodle.3F

From the website:

Where can I set the default language for the site?

'Site Administration > Language > Language settings

Note you can only choose to set as default a Language pack that is already installed. If the language you want is not on the list, you will need to install the language pack first. See Language packs."

I believe the language you are looking for is en_us .

Also I think this is maybe why any changes @skyspook has been making are not appearing to work.

When I change to a new default language, users still have the old language.

Correct. When you change to a new site default language, this does not update the language setting in the profile for already existing users. It only sets a new default for new user accounts you create from now on.

To do updates for already existing users, you can:

• Tell users how to change it themselves in their user profiles by setting their Preferences > Preferred language
  • Use the Upload users tool to do a mass update from a csv file changing the lang field
  • If you have access to the database, you can change this with a simple query. See here for an example of how to do this.
5 Likes

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. The language installed currently is just marked as “en (English)”. Given the lack of a regional signifier, I didn’t think to poke around and see if they had particular regional packs. I’ll try downloading some this evening and let you all know if we can get rid of your pet peeve :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m in the same boat as Doug:

and still struggling…

I hope this works. I know in the past, it was a non-starter, regardless of which en_* was used, but it’s been at least a year since I read up on the latest, which were typically a year or more old at that point, so… :crossed_fingers: the as decade/2 will have softened the providers will/grip

I, for one, think it makes the space classier to use the queen’s English. Don’t invest too much labour to fix it.

4 Likes

Nope, still gripped! Installed a few language packs, and while some of the Queen’s English is removed, the “Enrol Me” button is still not localized properly, even though the phrase is in the language file. So, if anybody would like to switch over to en_US or even en_ar (pirate) feel free, and let me know if you want any other languages, but you’ll need to live with how the queen would like you to enrol. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for spending your time to try this.

1 Like

Thanks for trying.

1 Like

I changed my preferred language to en_us, and this is what I see now.

Looks like you nailed it, to me.

3 Likes

Awesome! Didn’t show properly on my test account, but I’ll take what we can get :slight_smile:

3 Likes