24 Hours of Lemons! Houston this weekend! Nov 11th 2017

imagehttp://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/uploads/default/original/2X/2/205ca3e736e50dc04b0408cb13953e73b68d58a4.png

It’s almost time everyone! We’re heading out to Houston-ish this Thursday to kick off the 24 Hours of Lemons race! The Motorsports team has been working hard getting the car ready, prepping the trailer and doing some last minute adjustments. We’ll be racing in our bright orange car along with Jay’s bright orange car.

Everyone has always had a bunch of fun, if anyone is interested in coming to watch or happens to be near Houston it’s at: 1 Performance Dr, Angleton, TX 77515. $30 will get you an all access pass for the entire weekend and I’m pretty sure spectators can camp out. Bring your entire family for a weekend of squeaking tires, gas fumes and more!

SCHEDULE
Saturday, 11 November 2017
7am: Gates open
9:30am-5pm: Race Session I

Sunday, 12 November 2017
9am-4pm: Race Session II
4pm Checkered Flag
4:30pm: Awards Ceremony
6pm: Gates closed, paddock flooded septic supplied sprinklers

10 Likes

$30 to watch $500 cars race??? That math just doesn’t add up for me.

1 Like

Yeah pretty cheap for all that entertainment!

6 Likes

Hope you guys have great weather and great racing this weekend! Keep it on track and have fun! :smile:

1 Like

That math just doesn’t add up for me.

You’re not the track owner!

2 Likes

It’s “$500” race cars, which, in reality cost much more than that.
It’s an interesting race to be at with all sort of machinery and worth watching/visiting at least once, if you’re into cars/trucks, etc.

3 Likes

To build your “$500” car to the point of entry usually starts around $5k depending on the theme etc.
It is all in the rules - and unlike many rule books - the rules are clear (not written by an attorney for an attorney)
https://24hoursoflemons.com/prices-rules/

Lemons racing is a far better bang for the buck than seeing multi-million dollar (not even close to stock)NASCAR teams do nothing but turn left in the Texas Motor Speedway toilet bowl racetrack,

2 Likes

We made it to the track with no drama. Trailer looks awesome going down the road. Thank you, Limey and Coul!!

We have the first space as you enter the pits.

The trailer is at the end of a row in the parking area, and looks really professional:

We are doing practice today, and the race starts about 9AM tomorrow.

12 Likes

Excellent!
Break an axle!
Are we hoping to fill some of that whitespace with sponsorships? Seems ripe for the plucking…

3 Likes

Looks great, good luck Team DMS!

Please do not literally do this. :smiley:

3 Likes

Motorsports equivalent to “break a leg”. :wink:

2 Likes

How many guys does it take to mount a tire ;p

1 Like

What’s that contraption in the pickup bed?

1 Like

Rob is doing a good job psyching out the other teams with his outfit. :smiley:

1 Like

Did an awesome job on the trailer. Good luck - come back safe!

Well I only see 4 people standing around it. Clearly there should be more

3 Likes

To borrow from Ron White:
I don’t know how many it takes, but I can tell you how many you’re going to use! That’s good information to have, right there.

Passed Tech Inspection, WITH the incredible carbon fiber hood that Mike K MADE FROM SCRATCH (and some polyester resin):

We have some interesting neighbors in the pits:

Pit stop Training: we are not exactly up to NASCAR standards yet…

More later…

6 Likes

Was there a penalty for the hood?