Update on the Annex - From Storage to Porridge

In early August I asked members to consider reusing a storage area to create a small room the printing/computer graphics/framing needs at the space. See here for discussion: https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/hear-me-out-storage-room-transformed-into-a-computer-area/11715
That August I asked the board to consider it and they said they wanted more information. Went back the the drawing board, talked with the classroom committee and rethought up the possibilities. Asked the board again in September and was granted the space plus $1K to achieve this goal.

I just wanted to assure members that this IS a priority of Creative Arts. @mreynolds is going to be the lead builder of this (we will ask for plenty of helpers) but he has been moving his personal home. Iā€™m also out of commission for just a bit with some gremlins living in my back. The goal is to have the wall started before the end of October and the room ready mid-November. I will keep you posted on work nights, opening of the room celebrations and all make and manner of possibilities that will come up because of this room.

10 Likes