More Class information

I’m splitting this off to a new discussion because my original email devolved into a logistics discussion and half of my question(s) got ignored. That’ll teach me to I’d still like to know a little more about the process as I can’t seem to find a ton of it in the Wiki. I’ve edited my original post to better clear up the remaining questions.

Continuing the discussion from Automotive Class offered:

1 Like

1.) you should get an email when it is added to the calendar. It has to be approved by one of a few people.
2.) Yes ( I see you got your answer)
3.) No, since it all uses the same email for eventbrite, all sign ups come into [email protected]. You can ask for a roster before your class and we can try to get it to you in a timely manner, but it depends on how busy we are.
4.) Meet up will show up on the main DMS meetup site, but you will not be sent the link. Eventbrite will only show if you have tickets. If you do not specify that it should me limited to a number then the eventbrite is hidden until tickets are created.
5.) Myself, Gus, Stan, Lisa, Brooks, and maybe one more person. Gus does most of the approving lately.

Hope that clears some things up. Are you clear on Honorarium?

Please note that the event itself IS on the calendar, and if someone has the power to take it off it probably should, as this was the hullabaloo over automotive and insurance. It appears that we can’t offer the class, so taking it off the schedule as well as Meetup and Eventbrite if they got posted there would be a good idea.

The Honorarium seems to be generally well defined, and for this class I was planning on foregoing it anyway, so I wasn’t too concerned about it.

For the Eventbrite, and Meetup, it might be nice if it was possible to have links to those submitted to the organizer as well. I did want to limit the class to 10 people, as it’d probably be all that I could manage to show any real skills to within a limited timeframe, but that brings into account the fact that people could sign up on either or both of the 3rd party sites, meaning that shutting tickets off at a cap could get really tricky, and could cause conflicts if ‘ticket sales’ aren’t shut down in a reasonable timeframe.

It does sort of appear that Gus was the approver of this event, as it shows up on the Meetup space and not on Eventbrite (Gus is the only one signed up so far). I’m more familiar with Eventbrite, but it’d be a good idea to mention in the request for class that if you’re going to have limited tickets to not have both checked.

I have removed the class from the calendar and all the sites.

It is a VERY manual process to add tickets and have them put on the calendar and then email it back to the teacher. If you need to limit the class please put it in the notes. (didn’t check if you did till after i deleted the items, so you might have)

1 Like

I had added it into the notes, but no matter on this one, thanks for pulling it down. When I have some free time, I’ll try to add some of this information into the Wiki as i’m guessing that I’m not the only one that thinks there could be a little more information.

I went ahead and made a Wiki page for this to be built on, if you like it.
If you don’t feel free to delete…
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/So_You_Want_to_Teach_A_Class

1 Like