Zenith console radio - Free

This radio has been in my family for several generations. I’d hoped to restore it, but with a new baby, we need diaper money :slight_smile:

Don’t know if it works. I could tune a few stations a decade or so ago last time I powered it on. Missing a couple buttons on the front. I believe everything except the power cable is original.

$100 In Farmers Branch, maybe 5m from DMS.

image image image

2 Likes

Dropped the price after doing a little more comparison

Ok, need this gone. Anyone at the space want it? Pitch me money for diapers or beer if it’s worth anything to you, otherwise, you can have it.

Any takers?
*ps, if someone from @Team_Moderators could alter the title to say free instead of $100, I’d be grateful

Changed it. It seems anyone can change a title. Just scroll all the way to the top of the comments and there is a pen next to the title. This is not the title that stays at the top as you scroll.

1 Like

You may have seen me at the DMS rebuilding/restoring my RCA 816K cabinet.
Looks like you have a Zenith 469 (6 tubes/3 bands) circa 1940.
I am running low on apartment space. However, I do have a call in to some local collector - friends in Dallas and will let you know shortly if your set has a new home.

1 Like

Contact the Vintage Radio and Phonograph Society, they are a local group of antique radio collectors in Irving. Someone there can help you.

1 Like

Thanks @Will1 and @richmeyer! I’d love for this to go to someone who would restore or update it.

@collinrh thanks for taking care of that. For some reason, I don’t have that button :man_shrugging:t2:

So much want.
So little time.
Best of luck in finding it a good home.

Insufficient Trust Level/too much time has passed since OP.
More reading on Trust Levels

Collinrh “earned badge” for TL3, which grants “rename”, “recategorize”, etc. which allows moving posts to other categories and renaming them:

mattarmstrong, no TL3 badge:

(As outlined in the reading link above): Trust Levels are increased through interactions with Talk, should someone desire having a higher trust level. :+1:

2 Likes

I heard back from Fred. Unfortunately, he is not interested. This was a low-end model with no real collector value. Considering that this is a family heirloom, I would recommend keeping it to restore when you have the means. Craig’s List or Facebook may be other options.