Z axis digital read out on Bridgeport - Thanks Tim

Seems there is a new Z axis digital read out on the Bridgeport mill. Thanks Tim Bene, I know because I saw him in the process of installing it Sunday evening.

Last night David Kessinger and myself used a test gauge to examine the accuracy of the new z axis digital read out and the hand crank micrometer for the z axis lift (knee lift). It appears that both the knee lift micrometer wheel and the new digital read out are within about 1/2% or so of the indication given on the test gauge for a 100 mill travel challenge. So this is a good instrument. Makes it a bit more difficult to set/adjust the quill stop but likely overall utility of the mill has been advanced.

Thanks again for being such an excellent member,

5 Likes

It wasn’t just me. Ryan helped as well. I don’t know his handle but he actually put it on the Bridgeport after I prepped it. We were getting a couple thou at 5” of extension. I was trying to get home but that didn’t work out so well either.

3 Likes

thank you guys. that will make life easier for so many.
cheers!

1 Like

Very nice! Thanks to all for procuring and taking the time to install. This is a great addition to the Bridgeport.