YouTube TV Now Available in Dallas Area

Finally! https://tv.youtube.com. $35/month.

Hopefully Frontier, AT&T, Verizon, Spectrum, and Comcast will wither up and die!

4 Likes

That’s amazing! But no food network :frowning: I just can’t pay money without food network.

1 Like

Trying the free month and hopefully will be cancelling my service with DIRECTV soon.

I felt the same way about the Oprah channel, but then I said to myself “hey, mblatz…is saving $150/month worth it? I guess I can live without one really, really, good, important channel like that.”

And then I answered myself “you know what, mblatz? It really really is worth it. You should do it!”

So I did it.

4 Likes

Oh I don’t have cable/satellite subscriptions at all, if this had the Food Network though, I’d be willing to pay the money for it.

But wise choice if you already did have it.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I will probably subscribe after this season of Game of Thrones ends and I cancel HBO Now.

<!>

Still requires an internet connection. Guess who sells you that connection…

1 Like

Google (again!)

I am going to name my first child Google. Google Mblatz.

1 Like

Just remember with Google YOU are the product. But yeah I feel ya.

Oh, I know. I have given up. I finally realized as a consumer nowadays my choices are to get kicked in my left knee, kicked in my right knee, or kicked in my wee-knee.

Sigh…

2 Likes

I am ok with being the product I can ignore those adds and if people want to know what I am doing they can. I don’t have anything to hide.

It seems very Hulu-esque, but I’m sure it is because adverts and available backlogged shows are controlled by the networks. I do like the unlimited space DVR. Not so crazy about the 9-month recording expiration though.

There’s also Sling TV which is a little bit more inclusive of channels you may want, @Finire. https://www.sling.com/

I think what I need is the Sling options, with the functionality of YouTube TV. Not having the DVR, or an easy way to hook it up to my Plex to use that as a DVR, is just killing me. Live TV with the schedule of a workaholic is a very hard thing to do.

Appreciate the pointer though!

On sling, some channels allow you to rewind & others don’t. That is one thing that I don’t like about it.