Your chuckle for the day!

Many, many moons ago, The Flintstones was a very popular TV program. Public broadcasting standards were much more strict with great concern about protecting the young minds of viewers. Imagine my surprise to discover a full six decades later that there were black sheep in the Flintstone family!

4 Likes

Is that Gather Bidestone?

1 Like

Heard in radio spot this morning:

“We are hiring missionary positions”

3 Likes

Clickbait ad from AmHealth posing as a poll:

“What’s Worst? Heroine or Fentanyl?”

@bertberaht

I guess it is time I gave a hint about my joke with a question: What did cave dwellers do to get their food?

I may be, no … am old, but not quite cave dweller old. Even so, I doubt that was the early version of Uber Eats or Instacart.

If you are not a food gatherer, how do you eat?

Just heard on WBAP radio news: the Texas PUC is adding a new zip code to Houston because they are running out of phone numbers.

Assume you meant area code but not surprised at the growth rate. Probably will be another overlay.

I’m pretty sure I heard them say “zip code” else it was not worth posting here.

Will have to wait for the podcast to come out on Tuesday to verify…

A caller to the CarPro show was asking about the Toyota all-electric, the bZ4X.

I wrote the show host the following:

Unfortunately, the podcast does not include the news at the top of the hour.

Heard on radio news: the Rolling Stones go on tour, sponsored by AARP.

Sounded like a joke, but it is true:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:no_mouth:
We’ve made this joke (and variants including sponsors like Geritol, Life Alert, and The Clapper) SO SO SO many times (over the years)!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

In the past, I bought and used The Clapper. It beats getting out from under the covers on a cold day to turn a light on or off.

One problem in these old days was that when an incandescent bulb burnt out, it does not always go suddenly; sometimes the filament breaks and closes the circuit several times as it dies. The resulting current surges sometimes takes out The Clapper. I kept several spares on hand.

One day, I was practicing.dry firing a revolver and decided to do some double taps. <click><click> and the light went out! It took a few moments to realize what had transpired and that I did not shoot the light out.

The current solution also comes from holiday sales - a remote switch cord intended for a Christmas tree.

2 Likes

This thread talks about getting stuck near the highway between Las Vegas and Southern California.

It reminded me of some radio stations catering to the migration of gamblers to and back from Las Vegas every weekend.

This page discusses that.

The chuckle is in the final paragraphs of the page, so scroll on down…

Can’t make this stuff up…

1 Like

The best one I’ve seen is putting a package on the porch that you’ve packed yourself with a mild explosive and paint, glitter or some other marking material inside. Then the thief is marked and ends up with nothing.

3 Likes

A long long time ago in a place not so far away, a neighbor was stealing my Sunday paper.

My brother suggested that I put something noxious in it.

So I took the previous weekend’s Sunday paper, laced it liberally with days old chicken fat from the kitchen, put it back in the bag and placed it on my doorstep early the next Sunday as soon as I heard the “thump” of that morning delivery. The problem ceased.

2 Likes

I think Rober’s the YouToob king of the glitter bomb (though there are plenty of others, to be sure)