Yeah Baby Another Loss for the Bad Guys

Just the beginning of winning back our rights from the oligarchs who think we are all children!

Next, get rid of the bs ATF rules! :wink:

4 Likes

The new SCOTUS pick, Brett Kavanaugh, is very good on 2nd Amendment stuff, so we have some hope there as well.

5 Likes

This was apparently an ITAR issue, not an ATF issue.

Gottlieb added, “Under this settlement, the government will draft and pursue regulatory amendments that eliminate ITAR control over the technical information at the center of this case. They will transfer export jurisdiction to the Commerce Department, which does not impose prior restraint on public speech. That will allow Defense Distributed and SAF to publish information about 3-D technology.”

2 Likes
1 Like

Guys, you’re sharing a forum with people of all political stripes. Can we tone it down with the “bad guys” stuff?

4 Likes

Haley,

In the end this case was a defense of freedom of speech. This is the most politically supported idea in America by all major political parties. As no major political party has it at their core the challenging of freedom of speech.

Also, this particular ruling support the freedoms to share information which is a core tenant of DMS from the very start.

The challenging of these core views were the product of apolitical bad bureaucracy. Not a political party as ITAR is not a political group, but a part of the bureaucracy for all political groups while in power.

I feel claiming political victim hood in this matter is being overly sensitive. This is a success for all of us.

5 Likes

Dude, no one is claiming political victim-hood here.

She’s pointing out the political baiting inherent in the extremely biased title and asking the only controversial committee at DMS to chill a little bit on the propaganda.

People who are concerned with the idea that anyone could produce their own gun are not “bad guys” and it’s this kind of language that drives the divide even wider than it already is.

I’m a firm believer in the idea that information wants to be free, but this is a very complicated issue and painting it black and white helps no one.

3 Likes

That’s funny coming from a guy who has …ftw… at the end of his name.

1 Like

The fact that an individual may make any firearm that individual can legally purchase is a long standing legal precedent, and is one of the 2nd Amendment guarantees that the Anti-Gun forces and the BATFE have not been able to take away. People who are “concerned” aren’t the “bad guys”, but people who try to do an end-run around the Constitution are absolutely “bad guys”.

That being said. The “bad guys” in this conversation are the over-reaching federal bureaucrats that decided that ITAR covers a bunch of silly shit like 3d printed gun plans and low-level crypto algorithms.

5 Likes

I don’t think ftw is at odds with what tombakerftw started. To assume that one believes x, therefore they believe y, is often incorrect. The same folks in government that allow one inalienable right will just as quickly take away another.

Wait…does FTW mean something other than “for the win”?

1 Like

I wasn’t talking about his comments or points…yawn… I was talking about his values.

What conclusions can you draw about values from ftw?

1 Like

Also “eff the world” in some circles…

1 Like

Every value associated with life.

I think you read Haley’s comment too literally.

I see your yawn, and raise you a chuckle.

1 Like

Huh. You learn something new every day. I’m still confused -but now I’m confused AND hip to the cool kid slang.

3 Likes

The only thing it really says about Daniel (@tombakerftw) is that he isn’t cool enough to know that the best Doctor was Christopher Eccleston. :wink:

1 Like

You misspelled David Tennant

5 Likes