Would like to know more about BTS of online classes and help out

So this is a question for @Team_Education I think. I am looking into instructional design as a career which has a large focus on creating eLearning course using software like Articulate and then uploading those to an LMS to track completion and things. I’m pretty sure our online classes are already using an LMS and it would be great to see how that side of it works.

I’d also love to build out some courses to help out DMS and get some real-world practice that I can use for portfolio/resume. I’m already planning to build out some for Photoshop and Illustrator, but I’m super down to work with members for classes I’m not the expert at.

Wasn’t sure what was the best way to ask about this, so I hope this works.

1 Like

The EDU team isn’t terribly active…
I’d suggest reaching out to @Julie-Harris and @skyspook and @jphelps and @TJSmith as they’re been most recently directly involved with Moodle & getting courses into it, and I’m certain would love to chat with you about what can be done to flesh that out.

1 Like

Hi there!

Yes, we are using Moodle for the back end of our LMS, with some custom plugins to integrate with our Active Directory roles

The best way to get involved is to pick a committee and see what they would like as an online option. Some committees have opted not to do a few classes so that they can get certain safety concerns across.

We would love to see more online classes at DMS and certification/required training classes may be eligible for payment:

https://source.dallasmakerspace.org/display/Board/2022-07-20+Board+Meeting

The best way to get started would be to pick a committee and talk to the chair to see what they would like to offer as an online option but feel free to send me a PM if I can do anything to help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are the current classes uploaded as a SCORM package?

We use Moodle as our LMS. AFAIK our people do not upload SCORM; we’re not Learning professionals. In theory Moodle can accept SCORM file uploads. That may depend on what our Moodle admin has enabled.

Okay thanks. Do committee chairs have access to Moodle to add classes? I mostly want to gauge if building classes in Articulate or Captivate is actually viable.