Workspace/equipment availability

Hello,
My name is Gideon Burnett, and I work for VidSummit.

The VidSummit director is Kimber Mowery, and she maintains a membership at the Dallas Makerspace. I am currently making three sets of stand-alone letters that spell out ‘VidSummit’ for the event. I’ve included a couple of photos to give you an idea of what they’re like. I’m getting to the point to where I need to figure out how to paint them and Kimber suggested that I contact DMS to see what resources may be available.

I want to put a texure on the letters first- the same type of eggshell texture as you would put on the walls in your home, then, because all the nooks and crannies of the letters would be a nightmare to try to paint properly with a roller and brush, I would want to paint them with an industrial sprayer such as house painters use.

So, I would need a fairly large room with power and ventilation (ventilation can be as simple as a fan placed in an open window), a plastic sheet paint booth (car size if you have it, but a smaller tent-sized one will work), a professional grade texture sprayer, and a professional grade paint sprayer.
Everything except the room I can rent or buy if you don’t have it on hand.

Thank you for your help. I know that I am very new and don’t fully understand the way things work, so I may be barking up the wrong tree. Please let me know if I am, or what resources may be available.

Gideon Burnett

Due to our operations model not being able to ensure compliance with EPA and other regulations around spray booth operations, we don’t allow spray painting on site.

The very limited exception is airbrush application of water based acrylic paints.

So I was barking up the wrong tree. Thank you for the reply

1 Like

As noted , spray painting and operations of the type you describe is not allowed at the space for various reasons, including our city zoning and occupancy rules .

1 Like

There used to be an older auto paint booth that was available to rent for the day in Lewisville - I don’t know if the old guy still does this. (no affiliation)

North Cowan Ave Lewisville TX - near the dead end. If interested you might call Brent’s customs and ask them. 1230 Cowan Ave 75057

1 Like