Woodshop Training Requests Q4 2022

Ahh I did not see that post a few back. Thanks.

I was a previous member and stopped before Covid. If I rejoined now, would I still need to take the Woodshop basics class if I were already certified?

Nope – you should be good to go. Just make sure that you sign back in to your Account with that same email, and just add a new service. That opens all your permissions back up. If you start a different account with a different email, the system won’t know who you are, and then it’s a mess getting you all your old permissions back.

You will need to re-link your fob to your account (via MakerManager)(found in the drop-down from the Member Portal). The system forgets your fob number when your account is deactivated.

1 Like

Multicam!

If we need to develop a laminated checklist, or some other learning aid, to help people not repeat mistakes of the past in regards to the Multicam, I’m happy to volunteer to take on those efforts.

1 Like

I just added another Woodshop Basics Class for Dec 15th: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar

And for all the procrastinators out there looking for a Christmas gift, a 2-day cutting board class: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar

2 Likes

Is there any way to take the cutting board class if we only just signed up for the workshop basics course on Thursday? I see it listed as a prereq.

1 Like

Hello folks, I dropped my spot for Thu Dec 8 6:30pm — 9:30pm. I will not be able to attend. There is an open spot for anyone that wants to hop on this last minute.

Hey y’all. New to the Makerspace, but I’ve been working and building out of my garage for a few years now. Are there any instructors who are willing to show me around the shop and train me on Makerspace woodshop protocol? I’d love to get started working in the Makerspace as soon as I can since the Makerspace has a few tools (full-size bandsaw, cabinet table saw, jointer) I don’t have at home. More than willing to pay for instructors time.

Thanks again for the help.

You available tomorrow, Sunday, noonish?

Tomorrow would be great! I really appreciate it.

Can we make it 1 o’clock? I have a church job that keeps me busy until noon.

Sure thing. 1pm it is. Lets meet in woodshop.

So I am looking at the schedule currently and I am not seeing any beginner level woodshop classes? I was wondering when the next will be available?

@Team_Moderators Please move.

Looking at my schedule & the holidays, I think my next class I get up will be the week of Jan 5. I’ll try and get something posted this coming week.

1 Like