Woodshop Training Requests Q4 2020

I try to give it a quick introduction, but don’t really cover it much. We can certainly cover it in more detail after the class and cover any questions you might have.

Tom

1 Like

Thanks @TSki!

I’m relatively new to the DMS. Was lucky enough to already get training on woodshop basics and the car lift. The next thing I’d like to be certified on would be the CNC mill. My understanding is that these classes aren’t going on at the moment because the member who generally teaches them is unable to due to the covid situation. So I thought I’d mention here that I used to work as a CNC operator specifically programming and operating a 4x10 industrial CNC mill. If I were able to get certified and comfortable with the mill at the DMS, I’d be more than happy to volunteer for training other members on the machine.

Who do I need to see to be signed off on the lathe?

I can help with the lathes. I’ll DM you.

Woodshop teachers- first thank you for all your hard work.

Second- we are running low on push sticks for the table saw. Would you use the poplar / your classes as an opportunity to make some more push sticks? That way we can upcycle the poplar and save money on the plywood ones.

Thanks!

Hi, just curious when the next Woodshop Basics class might be available? I saw there were a few earlier this month but I’ve had some account problems and been unable to login to the calendar to register for them.

I need a class on the multicam. Have taken it a few times before but am just unable to grasp the technology if unable to use said technology quickly. So anyway I would be willing to pay someone cash to tutor me. I have a limited time to make the antique fire engines spokes. The F.D. is on my but to get them done. I have the white oak required to cut them out and can buy the special bit needed to cut them.

I just submitted the following class. It should show up on the calendar in 72 hours.

2 Likes

You are not going to be able to take this class in any reasonable amount of time. Your best bet is to pay somebody else for the work.

The year says 2021. So it’s next year?

Did not notice that. I submitted for 2020
@Team_Infrastructure

The event I submitted was for dec 30th 2020 , calendar displays as 2021 on my side.
Can you please check if when the event will post it will show as 2020.
Thank you

Did you remove this event? I do not see it in the backend.

I still see it in my hosting events. It isn’t posted to the main calendar yet.

It seems to have posted properly. It just has the wrong year on my side when I look at my hosting events list.

1 Like

Sent you an email about a new member wanting to make sure he got into your class. Sorry about personally emailing you about it.

No worries. I’ll try to accommodate them if the class fillsnuo before they are able to sign up

1 Like

Thanks Youssef! Appreciate you putting on classes for people.

1 Like

I would like to attend the class on Dec 30, however accounts.makerspace website is currently not communicating with the primary https://dallasmakerspace.org/ website and i am unable to login and register. Please help

I have responded to your ticket, and you should now be able to login.
Following up here so “everybody” knows help has been supplied.

1 Like