Woodshop Training Requests Q3 2022

I can. Just tell me what to bring.

Bring safety glasses and $10 cash.

Excellent, i can make it. Thank you!

Did the tour Saturday a week ago. Apparently I need to attend Woodworking 101 before I can use the equipment. Didn’t see that on the calendar. I’d like to do that ASAP. I’m semi retired so my schedule is flexible. How do I find out about the 101 class? Also, I’m assuming I can bring some things to work on to the class, and assuming I pass, get started the same trip. It’s about 45 miles one way.

Any help will be appreciated.

I teach the Woodshop Basics class several times a month - you can find the classes on the calendar page: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/ [sorting by Category makes things easier to find].

Currently, I don’t have anything scheduled after the Sept 8 class but will probably get some more added in the next couple of days [really trying to figure out my work schedule right now]. I typically schedule my classes from 6:30-9:30PM on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. It also takes a little while for the machines to update with the new activations - so there might be a slight delay from class completion to the ability to use them [even though you will be autorised].

1 Like

Tom,

Thanks for the response. I’ll watch the calendar for your updates. Any of those days/times will work for me. In the last month or so I did the Woodworking 101 with Howard at Woodcraft in Plano, but I’m happy to get familiar with the equipment and procedures for what you have there.

He’s the one that told me about Dallas Makerspace.

Thanks,

Skip

Skip Hill | Home | 972 924 3737 | Office 972 924 3763 | Mobile 214 551 3645

We don’t recommend putting your numbers out here in the open. This is open to the public, and you might get phone calls you don’t want.

Are there any additional lathe trainings scheduled? The class for this Saturday filled up before I had a chance to sign up

I’ll set one up up for the following Saturday. 11:30-1:00. Can you make it then?

1 Like

That would be fantastic! Thank you so, so much - I’m very excited.

Hi Henry, I needed to adjust the start time to 1:30 due to another turning class that morning. I should show on the calendar in about 48 hours- Hope the later time works for you? Let me know. Thanks!

Absolutely! I really appreciate it and am looking forward to it. I already have a project in mind! (I just need to make four dowels that are 2” wide and 3” long, which hopefully will be doable by the end of the class)

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Calendar Error Trying to Register

I had to cancel my registration for tonight so one of yall can swoop in.

Hi,

Still a few openings for the Bedan and Skew class tomorrow - If you turn pens or other spindle work with carbide tools this might be helpful in that these tools can reduce the sanding needed drastically.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/18659

There is [currently] an opening in the Woodshop Basics class for tomorrow…

Woodshop Basics: 9/21 @ 6:30PM - Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar

1 Like

Lathe maintenance event on Sunday 10/2 @10:00 AM

Come learn more about the internal parts of our lathes next Sunday 10/2 @ 10:00AM. Event will be on the calendar by Tuesday evening. Thanks!

Hi,
Long term goal is to get certified on CNC Multicam… Its a process and Shapoko is a start.

Short term I’d like to build up my skills on Shapoko & Shapoko XXL - Plastics. A combined intro course would be ideal but I could certainly attend two distinct sessions. During the week, I’m at the space most days between 8-2pm, that time work best. If not, nights after 7:30pm would work. Weekends are tricky depending on kids activities but I could navigate.

Thanks again!

I would also like to get trained on the Shapoko 2.

Howard

I’d love to join a Shapeoko training as well!