Woodshop Training Requests Q1 2022

There is a space open in my basics class.

Sat Feb 19 9:30am — 12:30pm

It says full, but if you go into it, it shows an opening.

Thank you! just snagged it. Appreciate it.

Hello, I am new, and trying to make sure I do not miss a chance for Lathe certification. I just missed the 2/9 class. Would the bowl turning class work for certification when it comes up, or would I be holding the rest of the class up up?

Thanks

Hi, I’ve been away for a while but will be scheduling some classes in the next day or so and will post them here when I do. The bowl class is really something that needs to happen after the basics class. Combining both would make it a bit of a marathon and probably less enjoyable overall tbh. And both should be fun stuff!

1 Like

How would I find out if the 2/24 woodshop class is canceled or not due to the ice?

Let’s ping @TSki and ask…

Right now I’m planning on having it - I think things should be much better by 3PM. But I will email the group after lunch. If anyone feels uncomfortable about driving tonight, please cancel - I posted another class for March 9.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve added a lathe basics class for March 8th at 6:30 as well as a small bowl class on March 10th at 6 PM.

Both should be up on the calendar in Sunday morning.

Do I need my own set of tools for the lathe basics class?

1 Like

DMS has enough tools for the students. If you want to get serious about turning, you’ll want to get your own, as the DMS tools tend to be “meh”. Best to wait until after the class though, as Paul will be able to give your advice about what to get for what you want to do.

1 Like

Everything you need to get started will be the there. If you have a face shield I’d suggest bringing it. Not required but I’m a big believer in them. Look forward to seeing you there!

Appears March 9 Woodshop Basics session is all booked up. Any plans for additional classes now through the end of March?

I have added some more classes, unfortunately Spring Break pushes them to the end of the month… They should hit the calendar on Thursday afternoon.

Mar 22 [Tues 6:30-9:30P] - Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar
Mar 24 [Thur 6:30-9:30P] - Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar
Mar 30 [Wed 6:30-9:30P] - Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar

4 Likes

I’m looking for an upcoming Bow Knife and Cutting board class late March/early April if you’re needing to gauge interest levels before scheduling one.
(Unfortunately, due to work, I can’t make 6:30p classes during the week, but after 7/7:30 I’m available, or anytime after mid-morning on the weekends are good for me. Just saying.)

Thanks!
David

David,

I’ll put a class up in the next week or two. Been a little busy in my personal life but that will wrap up by this weekend.

John

1 Like

Hello, my name is Eric Cook. I am a new member, just joined today. I am a fairly experianced wood worker, bit need yo to get signed off on yhe machines. When is the next class?
Thanks, Eric

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/woodshop-training-requests-q1-2022/86632/54?u=justinwomack

1 Like

What time?

If you follow the links, you’ll see the time for each one. I’m currently signed up for the one on March 22 which is from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM, and I think that’s the time for most of it.

Wow, March has only just begun, and it appears that all five (5) woodshop classes are already full. I was late for five (5) buses, haha. Is there a timetable for when additional classes will be offered?

1 Like