Woodshop Training Requests Q1 2022

I would like to take a bowl refresher. @Gearstorian and I would like to take it together if possible since he has never taken a bowl class.

I’d be interested in joining a bowl class, if possible too (haven’t done bowls on a lathe before either).

I’ll plan on getting a bowl class up for after the middle of February. Sorry, can’t do it sooner… I’ll be out of the area.

5 Likes

Really hoping to get into a wood shop basics class but they’re all filled up into February!

I sent you a msg.

I added two classes.

Woodshop Basic: Sat Feb 19 9:30am — 12:30pm
Bow Knife and Cutting Board: Sat Feb 19 2pm — 6pm

There is an open spot for lathe basics tonight at 6pm. Showed full on calendar but you can click the link to register.

Thanks Paul :slightly_smiling_face:

Added some Woodshop Basics Classes:

Feb 4 [Fri] 6:30-9:30PM: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar
Feb 8 [Tue] 6:30-9:30PM: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar
Feb 17 [Thur] 6:30-9:30PM: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar

All classes should “go live” Thursday [1/27] morning.

1 Like

There is an opening in my Woodshop Basics class for this Sat am. The calendar says full but if you go into it you can register.

Good morning everyone! Is there any chance of more lathe training classes coming up soon? Thank you!

Hi Amanda, I’ll be able to have one on the schedule the second week of February. Tagging @cvrana - Chris - would you want to put one up for your instructor check out class? After February 7th would be best for me as I’ll be away the first week of the month.

1 Like

Sure, that works for me. Is there a date and time that works best for you?

How about February 8th or 9th at 6PM? @AmandaD - Does that work for you?

Chris - I can set it up under my name once we confirm - I can copy it quickly for posting.

Yeah, both of those times should work for me.

Yes, either if those should work for me too.

I know someone else that would likely be interested too, if he can work it out with his schedule. Would it be okay to tag him too?

Hi, Just added a class for February 9th @ 6PM. It should come up on the calendar in 48 hours. There is not a way to reserve a spot until the class is available for registration so please keep an eye out. Tag your friend for sure - The class has six spaces available. See you then, Thank you!

I am still planning on having the Woodshop Basics class tonight - there are two open spots available.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/17699

If you are coming, please allow extra time coming & leaving the Makerspace - while the roads seem to be alright, it is still below freezing and the roads will re-freeze tonight.

2 Likes

Just an update - Might be early March for the bowl class - I’m gone a bit more than originally expected. I’ll update it here when I put it on the calendar.

Hi, old member trying to get recertified since the training was updated a few years ago.

Any openings on the Thu Feb 17 6:30pm — 9:30pm class? I see it is full but figure someone may drop out.

Thank you!