Woodshop Training Requests Q1 2022

@Monikat posted that she has cancelled her participation in tonight’s Woodshop Basics class.

1 Like

Oops just saw this. Thanks for posting. I will be on the lookout for next class for last minute cancellations. Please continue to post about cancellations next class. Thanks

Posted Woodshop Basics for:

Sat Feb 5 9:30am — 12:30pm
Sat Feb 12 9:30am — 12:30pm

Should go live in 72 hours.

The wife and I would love to see someone do a live edge river class making something such as a table/cutting board/coasters/trivet/art piece.

I have seen a couple of people on here posting some really nice projects for this process.

I know that Rockler has a class coming up but it is $175 and all they teach you is how to mix epoxy, pour and sand it down. :confused:

Sincerely,
Chris and Tandy

Can anyone teach CNC? I was a member a few months ago but no one at the time taught the class. I’ll join up again if that’s available.

This is the current status of the MultiCam project:

I’m looking for a lathe refresher … specifically for bowls. I haven’t used the wood lathes since forever.

I saw that @prl2018 is teaching a “turning between centers” class but that’s not quite what I need.

TIA!

2 Likes

Just as an FYI as of right now, tonight’s Woodshop Basics class has one opening.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/17607

I’ll be putting up February classes soon.

HI Chris, Just sent you a DM.

I would like to take a bowl refresher. @Gearstorian and I would like to take it together if possible since he has never taken a bowl class.

I’d be interested in joining a bowl class, if possible too (haven’t done bowls on a lathe before either).

I’ll plan on getting a bowl class up for after the middle of February. Sorry, can’t do it sooner… I’ll be out of the area.

5 Likes

Really hoping to get into a wood shop basics class but they’re all filled up into February!

I sent you a msg.

I added two classes.

Woodshop Basic: Sat Feb 19 9:30am — 12:30pm
Bow Knife and Cutting Board: Sat Feb 19 2pm — 6pm

There is an open spot for lathe basics tonight at 6pm. Showed full on calendar but you can click the link to register.

Thanks Paul :slightly_smiling_face:

Added some Woodshop Basics Classes:

Feb 4 [Fri] 6:30-9:30PM: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar
Feb 8 [Tue] 6:30-9:30PM: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar
Feb 17 [Thur] 6:30-9:30PM: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar

All classes should “go live” Thursday [1/27] morning.

1 Like

There is an opening in my Woodshop Basics class for this Sat am. The calendar says full but if you go into it you can register.

Good morning everyone! Is there any chance of more lathe training classes coming up soon? Thank you!